Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Progressive Bikes – poor/slow/non-existant service
  • vorlich
    Free Member

Lured by cheap prices, I ordered a Hope/Arch 29er wheelset last Monday. Starting to regret it now. Over a week later the order status is still ‘new’. No email confirmation of order from Progressive, only Paypal.

No response from Progressive to either email or phone enquires at the end of last week, yesterday or today. No answer phone to leave a message on either.

I don’t mind waiting for the wheels, but if there is a delay in getting them some communication wouldn’t go amiss.

How long before I raise a dispute with Paypal?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve bought frames off them in the past with no problems but I was under the impression that the owner had pretty much ceased trading – not sure if the website should still be live?

wwaswas

he’s not been on here for a week or so but a search for ‘progressive’ will give you an email contact if it differs from the one you have?

retro83
    Free Member

He was active on here a week ago:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/profile/si_progressivebikes

info@progressive-bikes.co.uk is his email, presume that’s the same as on his site?

vorlich
    Free Member

I’ve bought frames off them in the past with no problems but I was under the impression that the owner had pretty much ceased trading – not sure if the website should still be live?

Interesting. There was a price increase on the wheels in question after my order was placed, so it looks like something is going on behind the scenes.

vorlich
    Free Member

Per their order page, the mail was sent to sales@progressive-bikes.co.uk. I didn’t get a bounce back, so assume the address is still in use. I’ll try the info@ address too though, cheers.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Is he still selling stuff for that snake Alan who owns Chumba?

nickc

I’ve sent him some emails about frames, and he’s never answered. Some presume he’s not in business I
    anymore

steel4real
    Free Member

Was active on ebay 2 weeks agao with some OEM fox forks for sale

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I bought a frame from him, slow, but it arrived. Apparently Hope had run out of headsets.

vorlich
    Free Member

I’ve just had an update via email. Delivery on Friday. Thanks all.

Dougal
    Free Member

Quick bit of feedback for Progressive bikes.

Ordered some wheels on Friday, they turned up Tuesday. Not much wrong there!

stoney
    Free Member

I`ve had stuff off him before, no probs!….

bigdean

Had a set of wheels recently, no emails but they arrived quickly enough. Would use them again.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Had some wheels off him as well. Dead helpful, delivered when he said. Would definitely go back. I guess its not a big operation so he maybe gets swamped at times.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I met him once to test rise one of the bikes, seemed like a sound bloke.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I had my Brodie off him. Admittedly this was 1 1/2 years ago, but nothing but positive feedback here.

slowboydickie

LBS ordered a set of i9 bearings which never arrived. Neither did the second set. Third set got here, 3 weeks later.

banks
    Free Member

Nothing but praise here. Always been spot on for me.

Cheezpleez

I ordered some wheels off him about six months ago. Took about ten days IIRC, arrived within a couple of days of chasing by email. Given the price, I was happy.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Vorlich – i can pop round if you want? Simon is a decent fella btw

mrblobby
    Free Member

Seems to have dropped Chumba. Shame really as I liked the look of their bikes. Though heard rumours of problems on some other forum.

Good prices on hope hoops, though the £250 ones at wiggle at the moment is even more tempting!

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

That wiggle offer appears good value, I think the site quotes that it is for a set of Flow rims, not the latest ex, not sure if it matters to you but hat may explain the lower price they quote.
    Richard

mrblobby
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me as I’m after 29er crest wheels 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Progressive Bikes – poor/slow/non-existant service’ is closed to new replies.