Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Progressive bikes?
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

Anyone had any dealings with them? Saw that the guy who runs it is a regular from another post.

I ordered some hoops from them and have a receipt from paypal but haven’t had any emails from them about postage 😕 . Tried calling but no answer!

tony24
    Free Member

I swear i have heard another story like this recently where they ended up getting a refund afew weeks of waiting …

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Took a few weeks for my chumba frame to turn up, but all was good in the end, I got the impression it’s more a one man band operating from a lockup (Si goes on holliday, no e-mails for a week) than a big company.

rob2
    Free Member

He is a one man band rather than a shop but he’s a good guy in my experience. i got a chumba and its been great. Always responds to texts etc just takes a while

ryderredman
    Free Member

Yeh I got that impression! Can’t complain as they’re the cheapest on the net.

It may sound quite uninformed of me but maybe he shouldn’t have a web store where you can instantly buy products if this is the case?

househusband

I asked the same question three months ago, but has anyone dealt with Progressive Bikes recently..?

ryderredman
    Free Member

yes me! 8)

grum
    Free Member

I hope he doesn’t have too close a connection with Chumba in the US. Try reading the Chumba forum on mtbr for an example of how to ruin a seemingly decent bike company. It’s an absolute shitstorm over there of very unhappy customers and rubbish unprofessional posts from their reps, people buying ‘new’ bikes that were clearly damaged prior to shipping, then Chumba refusing to answer calls and emails etc.

djflexure

I have dealt with him in the past. Seemed an honest decent sort. I imagine you will be fine.

househusband

yes me! 8)

Sorry – I should have said recently and successfully dealt with Progressive Bikes!!!

saxabar
    Free Member

Just a bought a bike from Si – seems like a good bloke to me. Very quick to respond to email.

ska-49
    Free Member

He’s a very slow character to deal with.

Bought a chumba hx2 frame which took 2 weeks to get to me because he didnt have a box? Still had to pay postage.

Recently bought a set of hope hoops- flows because he was cheapest. Wheels arrived but were crests not flows. He said they’d do the same thing as the flows but I insisted on flows. Funnily enough he didnt have any flows in stock so I had to wait a further week for the flows. When they arrived it had the trade price info in the box straight from hope. They make a fair amount on those wheels!

wisepranker
    Free Member

When they arrived it had the trade price info in the box straight from hope. They make a fair amount on those wheels!

Do tell then, what’s the trade price on the wheels 😀

RustySpanner

TELL US!

Go on, you know you want to.

althepal

Come on!

Clobber
    Free Member

I’ve been emailing him about a crack in my Chumba, he was good to sell but not responded at all on the warranty issue.

cynic-al
    Free Member

bike retailer in “raking it in” shocker?

Never that simple, we’re not driving ferraris.

JoeG
    Free Member

Never that simple, we’re not driving ferraris.

You have a chauffeur for yours? Wow!

grum
    Free Member

He’s being very quiet these days. He used to spam the forum about Chumba bikes on a pretty regular basis.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It all went a bit pete tong for him on the chumba mtbr forum, when he got caught with a sock puppet account..

si-wilson
    Free Member

ska, I could have sent your frame in a sub standard box, but thought it best to wait until we the correct boxes in stock. As for your wheels, that was an honest mistake, we sent the wrong wheels, turned them around and as quick as possible, and without any cost to yourself.

ryderredman – who are you? i will check your order out, that is if you have not been contacted already this week? (as far as I’m aware most people with orders have been)

And for the record, i no longer deal with Chumba, haven’t done for a while due to the issues with supply. I have no stock left, and very few spares, again due to supply.

si-wilson
    Free Member

They make a fair amount on those wheels!

You thunk so? try about £30 once all costs are taken account of. Sorry about that though.

grum
    Free Member

It all went a bit pete tong for him on the chumba mtbr forum, when he got caught with a sock puppet account..

Oh dear, oh dear. I saw some reference to that on mtbr but I didn’t realise it was him – I thought it was one of the US-based owners/managers. *shakes head*

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sock puppet = astroturf?

tony24
    Free Member

i no longer deal with Chumba, haven’t done for a while due to the issues with supply. I have no stock left, and very few spares, again due to supply.

guess my warranty is not worth a **** then …

Stinkerbell
    Free Member

I bought a set of hope hoops from Si not so long ago and he was a sound bloke to deal with and very competitive. we have also had good deals on forks and frames from him in the past without issue and good response with spares etc. I at least have been one happy bunny…cheers Si!

matt_outandabout

I also had dealings with Si a good few years back when he sold Brodie – he came across as a straightforward and likeable chap. Exactly the kind of person I would spend my hard earned cash with…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Progressive bikes?’ is closed to new replies.