Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Products you want to see in the UK
  • nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Right, being a bit a of a niche-tastic goon I'm always looking for 'interesting' products for my never-ending slew of bike builds … And there's a few that I've had to order from various countries cos no one in the UK does em.

So I think's to meself .. maybe I'll start up an import business, just bringing in the ones I like.

Of course, you can always order products direct from other countries but this can take ages and when you're putting the final touches to a custom build you don't want to have to wait two weeks for the grips to turn up! Plus the hidden import costs mean you never know what it is going to end up costing you.

SO .. What products* are out there that you want to see HERE ???

*Bollocks to esoteric/overpriced frames 😛

SandyThePig
    Free Member

Properly engineered gravity droppers (the one I was looking at is US domestic only, they wont post abroad).

Thumb shifters for alfine hubs

Reasonably priced carbon frames

singlespeedstu

ESI grips.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

already sent the email to ESI 😉

singlespeedstu

Good I need some more. 😉

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Moots stuff is proper hard to get hold of

Stoner
    Free Member

How about taking on Ison for distributing Salsa, because they're crap at keeping a decent stock level!

Usually anything I want in US that I doesnt have a UK distributor I can get sent over, like BBG Bashguards say.
    Its crap UK distributors and restricted market distribution deals that need taking on IMO.

Think just how popular Aspirevelotech is, or the price hiking of Jungle on SC stuff, or ID on Salsa stuff etc etc.

brant
    Free Member

Properly engineered gravity droppers (the one I was looking at is US domestic only, they wont post abroad).

Which one is that Sandy?

brant
    Free Member

compositepro
    Free Member

whats a reasonable cost for a carbon frame

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone else remember NTI importing all manner of anodized trickery way back when?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The AMP seatpost (probably what Sandy is refering to).

compositepro
    Free Member

NTI im sure a certain journo used to work for em back then

woool
    Free Member

I think the intention for the AMP to be sold overseas has been there for a while (at least over a year). I told them they would have a good potential market over here but so far they are still limiting sales to North America.

In the end a friend from Canada was kind enough to bring one over for me whilst visiting the UK. It's a cracking bit of kit and reliability/function seem excellent so far.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Xfusion forks would be nice

Kramer
    Free Member

Formula brakes. 🙄

domino

Not quite bike related but the full range of Clif bar flavours would be nice, it seems you can only get three flavours here. As enegry bars go they are okay.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

domino, forget Clif, go for a UK brand…Mule bars are ace!

domino

I shall give them a go CFH – I haven't tried them.

ojom
    Free Member

There are a whole pile of reasons there are only 3 clif flavours and 3 shot bloks.

its not simply a case of bringing them into the country.

e.g. the 3 flavours for the uk are a total re-bake of the recipes and re-packing and labelling. The entire production facility needs shut, cleaned, and then it can produce uk product, then cleaned again and US prod starts again.
    there are lots of govt legislation issues re ingredients to consider also….

all a bit more complex that just bringing in a few more flavours.

Stoner
    Free Member

so who gets the inferior product, Uk or US?

ojom
    Free Member

its not inferior in any way, just different bake and difference in proportion of ingredients.

domino

Hmmm, interesting – hadn't realised that thebikechain – liked the Cherry Almond flavour and tried some other flavours in Canada – will have to bring some back from my hols.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Products you want to see in the UK’ is closed to new replies.