Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Production Privee Shan
  • jk1980
    Free Member

Hi,

I tried a large PP Shan at the weekend as a demo, only bike they had. Really liked it but am a bit unsure about the sizes – they are here.

Unfortunately I think I’m inbetween a large and an XL, but the XL looks massive! Never seen a top tube thats 635mm!

Just wondering, does anyone living anywhere near Surrey/Hampshire have a Shan in XL that I could try for size?

Cheers

letmetalktomark

Bah. 635mm isn’t long. Well not compared to my Solaris!

How tall are you?

Are they designed to run very short stems? If so the TT length may be less of an issue?

jk1980
    Free Member

I’m 6 foot 2, so am quite borderline.

I currently own a soul which has a TT of 600, so close to the large shan. I want it to be manoeuvrable for dh etc and I’ve learned the hard way that having a bike that’s too big for you is a recipe for disaster once things start pointing down.

The large shan feels pretty good size wise but I’d like to try the XL just to be 100% sure

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Mate of mine likes the look of them the BB puts him off, can you fit a adaptor?

jk1980
    Free Member

I’m not too hot on what the difference is between the BB30 it has and whatever BB I currently have. As I understand the BB will take my Slx cracks so that’s good enough for me

jairaj

wouldn’t the longer wheel base of the XL be better for DH?

Rorschach
    Free Member

641mm on my xl Yelli.I’m 6’2 and with a 50mm stem it’s spot on.
    (though the wheelbase is 40mm shorter 😯 )

chiefgrooveguru

I currently own a soul which has a TT of 600, so close to the large shan. I want it to be manoeuvrable for dh etc and I’ve learned the hard way that having a bike that’s too big for you is a recipe for disaster once things start pointing down.

What length stem do you have on your Soul? The Shan is slack enough that it won’t be nervy even with a very short stem.

jk1980
    Free Member

Thanks for all the input

A longer wheelbase is yes in theory better for DH, for stability according to my understanding, but a smaller frame is more chuckable and manoeuvrable. Hence the tradeoff really I guess.

I currently run a 60 on the Soul, so yes would definitely change that if I got an XL shan, but would keep it if I got the Large Shan.

jk1980
    Free Member

So does anyone own a Shan in XL that I could try?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Production Privee Shan’ is closed to new replies.