Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Production privee, anyone got one or know about them?
  • alpineharry
    Free Member

Looking at changing my five for a production privee hardtail, more specifically the Shan. Has anyone got one or know much about them? How do they ride and the usual malarkey?

Harry

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got a Shan 917 27. Lovely quality and built easily into a really agile fast bike. I’m 5 11 on a medium , should probably have gone large but I can throw it around easily. Much better at going down than up in my experience. It might be a keeper, but for me that’s a rare thing .

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I have one. Its simply awesome. Have it set up with pike flow ex on hope xt brakes etc.. rides things you wouldnt think a hardtail could. You have to learn how to float the rear a bit with all that travel but its more fun than my nomad…

Piccy as below…

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

I’ve also got a 917. It’s a great hardtail. The rear stays are more forgiving than any of my previous hardtails. Build quality is bob on too. Adjustable cable guides are good for non euro braking set-ups.
    Make sure you get the PP headset and the rear axle kit too.
    The current range are on sale as there’s new frames coming in November (boost and shorter rear stays) but i’m so happy with this frame that i’m not tempted to change.
    Here’s pic of mine before I raked the forks to 160mm

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Mate I ride with has one . He’s a very stylish rider somInsay go for
    It!

nickc

Had one; 26″ gulf colours, snapped it…at the headtube/top tube gusset.

Pros: amazing handling bike, great DH machine very stable and with a decent 160mm fork on the front it was unstoppable. Probably the nicest looking HT available today

Cons: press fit BB is a truly terrible thing and TBH I wasn’t ever that happy about running a 160mm fork on a campy headset, just felt a bit wrong. I’m not a bike destroyer and I managed to snap mine along a weld , I was pretty surprised.

Would have another though, as it’s a really nice bike to throw off a hillside

alpineharry
    Free Member

Thanks for the input, they sound ideal, the numbers look good, still not 100% sure on the transition between a full suspension (orange 5) to a hardtail. Even if the rear end is flexible and forgiving, I’ll still have to decide about whether or not it’s worth it.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Been following their Facebook details on their new Shan GT 29er due out in November, looks awesome. Could be worth the wait.

alpineharry
    Free Member

I’d not want to go 29″, 650b seems about right and I’ve a nice set of hope wheels I want to keep on for a next bike

fd3chris
    Free Member

I will definitely be looking at that.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Even good around a BMX track.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Production privee, anyone got one or know about them?’ is closed to new replies.