Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Product recommendation – Altura Night Vision gloves
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Mrs. S treated me to a pair. I wore them on my commute (6 deg C and raining) today and have to say they are very, very good. Warm and waterproof and not too thick as to leave you with little dexterity.

If you need some new mits for winter – check these out.

organic355
    Free Member

Ive got a pair too and they are pretty good, but when it gets way below zero, I still get cold thumbs, probably because they point forwards into the wind when I am on the hoods of my commuter road bike. Mine have lasted me a few years so far and wont be changing them yet, maybe just upgrade the inner gloves you get with them.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

buy some glove liners , they’re cheap , cut out the cold thumbs and fingers and you can take them off it gets warmer .

alfabus
    Free Member

I bought my missus some Bar Mitts last year. She has reynauds, so suffers the cold really bad in her hands.

According to her, they’re the best thing ever. With these on her commute bike, she can get away with just a thin pair of liner gloves.

Dave

edit: also available for mtb bars, but I haven’t tried them.

chakaping
    Free Member

How do gloves help you see in the dark?

bigjim

you need to eat five of them a day.

grahamg
    Free Member

….and the third, fourth and so-one time they’re out in the rain, they last about 15 minutes before becoming sodden. They’re not very breathable so you get sweaty hands and then the liner comes out with your hands and they’re a ball ache to get back on. Like most altura gear; it works OK for short journeys like commutes and utility cycling but for any kind of serious riding it tends to be shite.

chakaping
    Free Member

you need to eat five of them a day.

I couldn’t get one down. The fingers kept making me retch.

🙁

martymac

lol @ chapaking

derek_starship
    Free Member

grahamg – help yourself mate.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Product recommendation – Altura Night Vision gloves’ is closed to new replies.