Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Product development – jobs
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Does anyone work in product development in the bike industry?

What is involved and how easy is it to get into? What qualifications are likley to be needed?

biga1
    Free Member

Previous purchasing experience I would say is a given.

When you say product development do you mean in the sense of buying parts etc for a complete build or more engineering focussed?

MRanger156
    Free Member

In an ideal world a bit of both. Have a Mech Eng degree and design experiance but not in components.

cookeaa

it’s pretty much a closed shop isn’t it?

The only JDs you see for Engineering and design jobs in the Bike industry seem to ask for previous experience of Engineering/design work in the bike industry, I’ve sent CVs in the past and got no where but I doubt there’s much mileage in it these days anyway…
    You read the descriptions and soon realise their after more recent Graduates, up to speed(ish) with current CAD/FEA packages, up to speed with all the latest accademic problem solving strategies, and not yet too jaded by working life in general… Oh and cheaper than someone more experienced…

Basically they don’t want “chop ‘n’ changers” either if you have a background in something a bit too different from Bikes/sporting goods (maybe automotive) you might get an interview, but you won’t get the job…

My own background doesn’t set me up to just leap into the Bike industry, but I’ve always thought there are jobs in it I could definately do… Pipedream I suppose…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Product development – jobs’ is closed to new replies.