Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Procore or B+ ?
  • roverpig

I have a HT 29er and like the idea of running lower pressures (more comfort at the back and more grip at the front). So, I could go for procore or fit some 650B wheels with 2.8″ tyres. As far as I can see it’s six of one and half a dozen of the other. Both add a bit of weight. Both cost a few hundred quid and both allow you to run similarly low pressures. I’d give the nod to B+ on the aesthetics, but procore is a lot simpler. I just add the inner tubes to my existing wheels/tyres as far as I can tell.

Is there anything I’ve missed?

AlasdairMc

29er tubeless? Low pressures fine, more grip, comfier.

wiggles
    Free Member

650b+ as then you can have both wheelsets as options for different rides

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Procore is aimed at teh gnarly riders so extreme they need two tyres per wheel were as b+ is aimed at attention seekers desperately looking for the next big thing that they think will take their riding to the next level…

singlespeedstu

Waits for Procore+.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Never tried either (but thats probably true of most people) but do have a fat-bike. I recon pro core should feel little different to conventional tubeless. I’ve only once managed to snakebite a tyre beyond sealing and find the limit of low pressure is when it gets all squirmy and feels horrible. Fat tyres on the other hand are just plain bonkers fun 🙂

Basil

Which frame lets you put that in the back?

rickon
    Free Member

Genuinely confused as to when a 2.3 29er Magic Mary doesn’t provide enough grip for anyone. When do you actually need more?

I can run mine down to about 16psi on 35mm wide rims easily, but have them a bit higher because they feel like crap too low.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How low do you want to go? Does normal tubeless not work, how much grip are you not getting?

oxym0r0n

Like the idea of procure as I run lower tubeless pressures and occasionally catch a rim but I think my crests are too narrow 😥

chakaping
    Free Member

What Rickon said. I think the 29er tyres go lower in pressure than is useful anyway.

So I vote for B+, also because it’s claimed to give monster grip anyway. Wouldn’t mind trying 2.8 tyres out myself, but not going to rush into anything.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Procore or B+ ?’ is closed to new replies.