Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Process after Road Traffic Collision
  • tonyboneshkr
    Free Member

I was knocked of my bike on Monday morning. Police attended and I went to A&E in and Ambulance.
    My bike was not damaged.
    I had no breaks however I now have a bad back and therefore unable to work for at least a week.
    I am on sick from work therefore not losing any money at the moment.

My question is, what do I do now, do I contact his insurance company ref the Pain or do I just wait for them to contact me.

moshimonster
    Free Member

You probably need legal advice on this. Maybe contact a solicitor?

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’d contact a solicitor. It sounds like a straightforward case. An RTA personal injury firm will take your case on. Costs have been slashed so much for firms that now you will probably be asked to sign an agreement whereby a percentage of your damages goes towards the solicitors costs.

The industry was turned on its head last April with costs slashed by 67% so now winning claimants have to pay the solicitors ‘success’ fees (when it used to be the losing defendant/insurance company who would foot the bill).

my own firm (im not angling for business!) will take up to 25% of damages in payment of costs. So that gives you an idea re figures.

see how your symptoms go and perhaps see your GP re a physio referral. You’re better placed when your symptoms settle as I’d expect them to. Once a claim is submitted then the other guy’s insurers may well offer to fund a course of private physio as its in their interests that you make a swift recovery.

A personal injury claim will involve a brief medical examination re your accident related symptoms. This will be done by an independent GP or orthopod. Be cautious if the Defendant’s make a ‘pre medical’ offer.

all out of pocket expenses, including lost earnings, loss of sick pay entitlement will be recoverable

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fingerbang
    Free Member

the other guys insurers may well approach you directly and this has been a legal grey area although I now understand its permissible. The main concern with this is that they may make you an initial offer (pre medical offer) in order to nip your claim in the bud and to avoid an increase in costs. Just be cautious with this as you may well be undersettling your claim.

Best of luck with your recovery and glad to hear it wasn’t too serious 🙂

tonyboneshkr
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. Really helpful, I will keep you posted

jsinglet

http://www.ctc.org.uk/ have an accident helpline, not sure you need to be a member

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Process after Road Traffic Collision’ is closed to new replies.