Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Problems with my Revs
  • erny
    Free Member

I have some 2009 426 rock shox revs,riding them today and i have lost most of my travel,i am only getting about 60mm of travel and the u-turn is no longer working.Any ideas?

dasnut
    Free Member

cartridge goosed, If it was me, I'd send them to tim flooks

trailmoggy
    Free Member

don't mess with the u-turn!!

the u-turn will probly be the 3 little bearings under the lever, take the lever off with an allen key and re-grease the bearings, it may noe give you more than 60mm of travel tho

seanodav
    Free Member

If you are only getting 60mm travel and then bottoming out, the moco has blown its seal, leaking oil into the lowers.

nuke

Most likely what seonodav said.

Let all the air out and cycle the forks. If the damper oil has leaked into the leg, your fork will not get full travel

dasnut
    Free Member

yeah, like I said, cartridge goosed, send to tim flooks.

how many ways can you say that?

hora
    Free Member

2009 (if you are the first owner) forks are covered under warranty. Send them to Flooks and he'll charge you.

dasnut
    Free Member

pretty sure tf will do work under warranty, but what do I know?

seanodav
    Free Member

If there is oil in the lowers causing the fork to bottom out early then its only a o ring thats gone, very easy to fix, however as hora said they can be done under warrenty at fishers.

edit: yeah maybe dasnut, not sure tho

hora
    Free Member

Im having issues with my Lyriks seals/carts at the mo- Fishers are very good at turning them around quickly but you do need to include a full note in with the forks incase your LBS doesnt add enough detail. After all, they dont fit and ride your forks before returning them do they?

nuke

how many ways can you say that?

Lots of ways 😀 Look you're right okay…yes the cartridge sounds like its "goosed" but simply saying "cartridge goosed" is not really helping OP confirm the problem…hth 😉

dasnut
    Free Member

ok fair enough, your cartridge is goosed, please return to your retailer.

in fact if OP rang tf then they'd ask about warranty and advise as appropriate
    therefore, my original advice stands

and also takes up less bandwidth than the usual stw post.

erny
    Free Member

Cheers guys,i'll give fishers and tim a ring on tuesday

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Problems with my Revs’ is closed to new replies.