Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Problems with fitting MRP 2x
  • Monkey-Boy
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m currently trying to fit an MRP 2x chain device to a Nukeproof Mega with a SLX crankset (22;36) and 11-32 9 speed rear cassette.

I fitted everything as per the instructions, i.e.
    – Crankset with a a single 2.5mm spacer on the drive side
    – padded out the gap between the ISCG tabs and the BB shell (as in the MRP instructions)

The chain device looks perfectly aligned with the rollers central over the chainrings.

The problem comes when I’m trying to run in the 36 tooth chainring to either of the two biggest rear sprockets. It looks like the chain is at a tight angle which is causing it to jump a bit on the lower jockey wheel of the rear derailleur. This wasn’t occurign before I fitted the chain device. I guess the rollers are effectively shortening the length over which the chain has to bend.

I don’t want to shift the chain device and the cranks relative to each other as then the rollers won’t align with the chain rings.is is my current solution: I’ve tried shifting the BB 2.5mm spacer to the non-drive side and removed the washers that space the tabs to the BB shell, which therefore keeps everything aligned. This seems to have helped with the running of the chain device.

Does this seem a reasonable solution? Are there any other suggestions.

Am I going to run into unforseen issues by shifting the cranks over to the non-drive side – am I going to go round in circles?!

Cheers.

Monkey-Boy
    Free Member

Bump.

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to provide all the details. The abbreviated version is will the world end if I shift around BB spacers to help a chain device run smoothly.

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Problems with fitting MRP 2x’ is closed to new replies.