Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Problems sealing Panaracer Cinders using Stans?????
  • swisstonyswiss
    Free Member

Has any body else had problems getting Cinders or other Panaracer tyres to seal on normal rims and using Stans.

Took bl**dy ages to get it to seal, ended up going to National Tyres. Then for no reason one side of the tyre popped clean of the rim. Can i get it to seal again ……………. no i cant’t and now I’ve used all my gas cartridges ……………. and the LBS is closed ……….oh arse!

dougieb
    Free Member

I found it difficult sealing cinders on 819 rims. A couple of layers of gorilla tape and got them inflated no problems with a track pump

swisstonyswiss
    Free Member

dougieb can you please tell what you did with the tape as this thing is not going to seal without some help

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    uplink
    Free Member

Panaracers aren’t recommended for converting to tubeless IIRC

dougieb
    Free Member

As uplink says they aren’t recommended. However, I had a pair and did get them mounted and rode them for a couple of months with no issues. Just needed to pad out the center of rim with a couple of layers of tape. It was needed to get a tighter fit with between the tyre bead and the rim lip.

swisstonyswiss
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, am hugely disappointed that the Cinders are not recommended for tubeless as they are my favourite tyre, i might even have to go back to tubes !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Problems sealing Panaracer Cinders using Stans?????’ is closed to new replies.