Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • problems removing the bolt thru axle on my road dt swiss r23 db front wheel?
  • bigdaddy

Why would the axle jam in place? It works fine, but when I unscrew it, it comes out of the thread then just keeps turning, but refuses to slide out. I tried removing the thread cover and tapping the exposed end of the axle and got it to move a couple of centimetres but no more. The bike is used most days for commuting, but I had a flat no more than 2 months ago, so it’s not been in there unloved for years or anything!

Del

presume it’s maxle style? they can bind up if you don’t grease them sufficiently.

dovebiker

Can you spray some WD40 or GT85 into the hub and slide the axle back and forth a bit to free it up and some ‘firmer’ taps to knock it through? Perhaps one of the bearings has ‘picked up’ on axle and raised a burr?

bigdaddy

I’ll try that was nervous of hitting it too hard, especially with a carbon fork!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘problems removing the bolt thru axle on my road dt swiss r23 db front wheel?’ is closed to new replies.