Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • Problems at an LBS – complain, or suck it up?
  • antigee

mattsccm – Member
    I’m lazy to re red all of this. Did you agree to have a Shimano BB fitted to a Campag CS? It sounds as if you did knowing that this is a big no no. If you did agree and the mechanic was being honest then the cranks side of things is, to my mind, your fault. Totally stupide for any mechanic to do such a thing but you were warned.

not so sure more like the bike shop suggested a dumb quick fix without explaining the consequences or without being fully aware of them

I wouldn’t suck that up – bad advice given, then a bad job done – comparable to car servicing:

from Citizens Advice – Consumer Law – England

If you take your car to a garage for a service or a repair

“When you take your car to a garage for servicing or repair, you enter into a contract with the garage under the laws of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002.

These laws give you certain rights. You are entitled to expect that the repair work is carried out:
    •with reasonable care and skill – this means that the garage should carry out the work competently and to a standard expected of a garage of that type”

(the moral to the story as someone already pointed out is if you can do you own fixing keep spares and if you want to go for a service before an event do it well before – mrs antigee caught me out a couple of weeks ago on that one – “oh there’s this problem and I’m doing a sportive on Saturday can you fix it” …….argh)

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Problems at an LBS – complain, or suck it up?’ is closed to new replies.