Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Problem with XX1 Trigger shifter rotating?
  • acid877
    Free Member

I’ve used the search tool and found people talking about numerous problems with the XX1, mainly B Screw tension.

I haven’t seen anyone with this problem though…

While riding today, I noticed when I wanted to change to a larger gear on the cassette, the thumb shifter seemed to be getting further away from my thumb. By the end of a two hour ride this has happened. The shifter is normally where my thumb is positioned in the photo!

I’ve never had a problem with the gears and I’ve had it for four months. I haven’t changed anything recently. I can actually ‘pull’ the thumb shifter tab back to where it’s meant to be positioned but every time I press it to change gear it wants to carry on rotating further away. It’s probably about 60 degrees back from where it’s meant to be. The gears still change correctly, the small thumb shifter hasn’t moved and yes the clamp is secure on my handlebars that hasn’t moved.

Sorry if there’s an obvious answer to this problem but I can’t get hold of a LBS, what with the weather getting better and the fair weather cyclists wanting their bikes serviced!

Thanks if anyone can help!

everyone
    Free Member

Is there a little pinch bolt to adjust where the lever sits?

acid877
    Free Member

Thank you that fixed it!

I guess it got shook loose, didn’t even know it had reach adjustment!

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I spotted the pinch bolt yesterday and thought it was a nice touch that the position of the shifter paddle can be altered. It only took me a week after building the bike to spot it…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Problem with XX1 Trigger shifter rotating?’ is closed to new replies.