Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Problem with paypal refund.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Anybody else had a problem getting a refund from Paypal? I bought an item from ebay that was faulty. Supplier refunded Paypal but I never got the money back into my bank account from Paypal. There is no sign of the money on my Paypal account. I think the problem is because my bank card was renewed between payin for and returning the item and so paypal tried to refund the money onto my old card. Tried phoning them but they said to email them. Did that but their insructions fro making a claim bore no resemblance to what I found on the website. What next?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Any refunds via paypal go into your paypal account, not back onto the original funding source.

What timescale are we talking here?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Its been a while to be honest, kinda forgot about it and only just getting round to doing something about it. Paypal claim to have refunded it onto my card, they told me to contact the bank. Bank say they have not recieved the money and I need top speak to Paypal.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

What does it say on your paypal account (when you look at the original transaction thee will be a + sign, click it and it'll detail any refund)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I paid with my Maestro card and according to my paypal account it should have been refunded to that card.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Ok, well you just need to speak to someone at Paypal (over the phone I actually found them very good) and stand your ground- explain they refunded the payment to a card that had exired and bank have no record.

Their email system is awful- they never seem to be replying to your question, just a genral rely to something similar!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Thats what I was thinking. If I remeber right there were communication problems last time I tried phoning them.

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

Paypal are terribly poor at customer service. I feel for you man. How's it going anyways Steven? I'd like to go for a bike ride with you guys soon. I'm swamped with work (business) but I reckon by the end of the month I can escape. What d'ya reckon?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Hi, just give us an email when your free, if I'm busy I'm sure one of the other Pedallers will be up for it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Problem with paypal refund.’ is closed to new replies.