Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • problem with nintendo and trying to get a refund from them.
  • racefaceec90

short story i bought 4 eshop cards last thursday totalling £90.00 3x £25 and 1x £15.00 that had faulty codes.

sent an email to nintendo customer support and went back to sainsbury’s where i bought them from.

sainsbury’s were great tbh as they saw the problem instantly about faulty codes on the cards but alas they couldn’t refund me (as it was a mistake with nintendo not them). they did contact nintendo and took pictures of both the cards and receipts as proof (i don’t have a camera myself).

well nintendo needed me to send the info as they deal direct with customer so i got sainsbury’s to email me all their pics they took and sent nintendo the pics along with all info they requested. that was friday 27th

i got a reply back from nintendo asking which account would i like the refund er refunded into and told them. that was friday 27th

since then nothing.

i have contacted them via email numerous times both saturday and today,but they are ignoring my emails.

i have said to them that i will be happy to take the matter to the citizen’s advice to get my refund as i still have the faulty cards and receipts but have heard nothing back from them at all.

anything else i can do as £90.00 may be loose change to them but it certainly isn’t to me.

thanks in advance

nintendo are not slow to react when they feel aggrieved by copyright infringement e.t.c but when it comes to giving refunds the customer can go **** themselves as far as nintendo is concerned 🙁

kelron
    Free Member

Responsibility should be with Sainsbury’s if they sold you a faulty item.

I don’t really understand how codes can be faulty though? Already used, or not readable?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

that was friday 27th

i got a reply back from nintendo asking which account would i like the refund er refunded into and told them.

since then nothing.

i have contacted them via email numerous times both saturday and today,but they are ignoring my emails.

i have said to them that i will be happy to take the matter to the citizen’s advice to get my refund as i still have the faulty cards and receipts but have heard nothing back from them at all.
    That was Friday, this is Monday stuff doesn’t happen instantly but why are Sainsbury’s not taking responsibility?

kelron
    Free Member

Though having read through properly they offered you a refund and you gave them bank details on Friday. It’s now Monday and banks don’t do a lot at weekends even if Nintendo customer services work then. Give it a few days.

racefaceec90

sainsbury’s are saying the fault lies with nintendo for having faulty codes (there is meant to be a 16 character code but all my cards only have 8 characters).

racefaceec90

ah sorry not a refund into my bank account my nintendo account was where the refund is going to or should be.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Your purchase was with Sainburys though.
    So you have an agreed refund?

kelron
    Free Member

The retailer is still responsible for replacing or refunding faulty goods, even if it’s a manufacturing defect.

racefaceec90

i thought it strange that sainsbury’s wouldn’t give me a refund,even the shop staff who rang up the manager about refunding me thought it stupid. as sainsbury’s actually had the money and not nintendo at that point.

tjagain

Your contract is with sainsburys. they need to refund you. Its as simple as that.

Drac

Yup Sainsbury’s fault for selling a product not fit for purpose

tomhoward

I don’t think this will get to 45+ pages…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member
    I don’t think this will get to 45+ pages…

Maybe if it were a Lingtendo?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘problem with nintendo and trying to get a refund from them.’ is closed to new replies.