Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Problem with Kryptonite Mini 7 lock, key not catching?
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I have a Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7 lock and was wondering if anyone else had had the same problem as me and maybe found a solution?

For a while now it seems as if the key will only turn halfway to open the lock… but only sometimes. Sometimes it takes 3 attempts to open it, sometimes it takes 50, sometimes it takes 15, it is completely random. It is not as if the key isn’t catching, rather that it just gets blocked by something. I have tried manoeuvring the lock/key to every angle and position to no avail (thinking there would be some position that works).

To me it seems to just open completely randomly when it feels like, there is no ‘trick’ to opening it.

Any ideas? Or is it buggared?

Oh and i’ve tried oil in it too and different keys.

molgrips
    Free Member

WD-40

wiggles
    Free Member

and different keys.

That’s where your going wrong, different keys don’t work in locks they are specific 😉

I know how annoying it is though, have one at work that does the same no trick or knack to it it just doesn’t work for many attempts then just works at random… Then the next day works first time

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tjagain

worn lock mechanism or possibly key. If all your keys do the same thing then the lock is failing and I personally wouldn’t use it

houndlegs
    Free Member

Any help here?
    https://kryptonite.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/206739487-FAQ
    They recommend you not to use wd40, but I’m with molgrips, I’ve used it before when its been “not” recommended with good results(not on these locks though, but other stuff)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Problem with Kryptonite Mini 7 lock, key not catching?’ is closed to new replies.