Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Problem with google on iPad
  • sparkerfix

Trying to use google on iPad and it just flashes but doesn’t open up. If I type google.co.uk into the address bar it automatically changes to- http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/mobile/ and again flashes a few times and hangs. I’ve changed the search engine in settings to yahoo for now and tried a reset but still the same. No great problems with using yahoo but just wondered if the st massive could shed any light on the google issue.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Never experienced that in all the time I’ve had my iPad1 (might be an iOS7 issue as iPAd1 is still iOS5). The redirection is usually driven by the website not the device. What does it do if you try and load google.fr for example.

You might try a clear history and/or cookies (but that looses all your login in details) and/or powering it off completely (I assume that’s what you mean by reset).

sparkerfix

If I type anything into the search bar with google selected as search engine I just flashes and hangs.” Chrome browser” appears on the tab that’s created for the search results but that’s about it! Fine using yahoo. If I type http://www.google.fr into the address bar same thing. Flickers a few times and stays blank with aforementioned address.

Ps still using ios 6

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Is this the google app or in safari?

If safari other sites work?

sparkerfix

Safari. Other sites like this one which I got at via bookmark is fine. Yahoo search is fine.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Deleted all history and cookies?

CountZero

Very odd, that. I’ve got an iPad 3, with the very latest update of iOS 7, and I’m not getting any issues at all, although, I am using Safari, not Chrome.

sparkerfix

Yep. Deleted history and cookies. Same

wysiwyg
    Free Member

gmail load?

sparkerfix

No.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

ok so do another cache clearance, then kill safari with a double click and x it, then do a hard reset (press and hold power and home til she turns off, then turn on again)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ok, I give up. Wierd

Just tried the same on my iPad 1 and no issues. As has been posted before by others, just give it a stern talking to and show it who’s boss.

sparkerfix

Still same. Could it be a router issue?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Problem with google on iPad’ is closed to new replies.