Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • problem with crc/paypal
  • jimthesaint

I hate to have to do this but I’m left with no other course of action but to ‘air my dirty laundry in public’ in a hope that someone can either suggest some way of sorting out my problem, or even better somebody from CRC or PayPal can sort it out for me.

I have bought a pair of forks and a gear shifter from CRC for £480 and paid for it via PayPal. On checking the PayPal invoice I noticed that the delivery address was wrong, the billing address was my correct home address but the delivery address was my ‘old’ home address where I was living 10 months ago. I don’t remember selecting a different address but I suppose I could have done, it could also have been a glitch on PayPal’s end. “No problem” I thought though I’ll email CRC and ask them to deliver to the billing address on the invoice rather then the delivery address. I’ve been a CRC customer for years and on their records they will see that last few purchases were sent to the address that I’m asking them to send it to and that I haven’t had anything delivered to ‘old’ address in over 10 months.

Sorting this out though has been far from “no problem” though.

I get an email back from Andy at CRC stating that they can only send goods to the delivery address on the PayPal invoice.

I therefore contact PayPal and ask them to either contact CRC on my behalf and ask them to deliver to the correct address or stop the payment going to CRC. PayPal say they can’t do either but I should ask CRC to deliver to the correct address. I tell PayPal I have already done that but CRC refuse to change the delivery address and PayPal say “Oh, erm, nothing we can do then sorry”.

I then email Andy back and plead with him to either send the goods to the correct address or cancel the order. I’ve had no response from CRC and the PayPal payment will arrive in CRC’s bank account tomorrow.

The only thing I think I can do is drive round to my old address and explain the problem and hopefully if I leave them some money to pay for the postage they will send them on for me.

As the ‘old’ address was a rented house what happens if nobody lives there?

jimthesaint

I’m sorry for bumping this back to the top but I really need some help with this as I cant afford to loose £480.

jimthesaint

bump

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I then email Andy back and plead with him to either send the goods to the correct address or cancel the order. I’ve had no response from CRC and the PayPal payment will arrive in CRC’s bank account tomorrow.

When did you contact them with this?

jimthesaint

rockthreegozy – yesterday, the 11th. CRC didn’t reply back today, and the forks will be posted tomorrow.

Any suggestions as to sorting this out?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

If you emailed them yesterday, they’ll have all the other customer emails from Friday evening- Monday early morning to work through on a Monday- so it will take time.

If you paid by paypal, CRC get the money straight away- so why do you think the forks will be posted tommorow?

I’d imagine that if you’ve raised an issue with the delivery details, CRC will not complete the order till said issue is resolved.

Have you phoned them?

itchy
    Free Member

Who do CRC use for their deliveries. Surely if there is nobody at that address they will go to the local sorting office or depot. You then just take some ID and collect them, or have I missed something?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

However, if said household is now occupied by gypsies, they’ll receive a nice wee present and keep quiet. Courier has completed their job.

jimthesaint

rockthreegozy – I paid with an echeque as I dont have my paypal account linked to my current account, the echeque will clear tomorrow.

I’ve tried phoning them but nobody picked up. I’ll have to try again tomorrow morning.

Itchy – If nobody does live at the house then i’ll have to try that. Seems a stupid waste of my time and fuel to get my stuff rather than crc just send it to the home address that they have for me on their own records! Also what happens if i run into a jobs-worth at the parcelforce depot who wants some id with my address on it?

theboatman
    Free Member

what happens if i run into a jobs-worth at the parcelforce depot who wants some id with my address on it?

considering they accept any of the following;

Benefits Agency Payment Book
    Birth Certificate
    Cheque Book
    Cheque Guarantee Card
    Credit Card
    Full Driving Licence (Photo card licences must be accompanied by the counterpart Driving Licence form D740)
    Marriage Certificate
    Mortgage repayment card/book
    National Savings Bankbook
    Forces ID Card
    Passport
    Local Authority Rent Book
    Trade Union Card
    Paid Utility Bill

You’ll be fine

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

CRC have to agree to Paypals terms. This means, they deliver to the Paypal address.

You should have insured that your paypal account was linked to the correct address, and that you selected said address. I do not believe this would be an error on paypals behalf.

As mentioned before, items should not be dispatched by CRC if you have highlighted an issue.

jimthesaint

rockthreegozy – PayPal suggested that I ask CRC to deliver to another address because it’s not against their terms. Although Andy at CRC thinks it’s against PayPal’s terms.

My PayPal address is linked to my “correct” address as that is why the billing address on the PayPal invoice is my current address, it’s the delivery address that is wrong with the invoice. As I stated in my OP I may have spazzed out and changed the address on the invoice but I doubt it as I’ve had over £10k go in and out of my PayPal account over the last few years (£2700 in payments to CRC) and I’ve never had this happen before.

Andy at CRC has acknowledged that the goods are going to be sent to the wrong address yet on the CRC site the order is ‘pending awaiting payment’. The order has not been put on hold and will be dispatched tomorrow when they receive the funds.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

If CRC post to an address that is not the one tied via the Paypal transaction, they are not protected by the security that Paypal offers. Same as via ebay- it has to be to confirmed address or no buyer protection.

Your paypal account may not have your current address as the default delivery address- worth checking for future.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I still dont see why you cant cancel the whole order and start again. Goods not despatched yet, so surely it can be cancelled?
    Hope you get it sorted BTW.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

I believe this is now sorted but as profiles no longer show email addresses I can’t double check, can you email me the order ref. The issue was that we were under instruction only to send to the delivery address you have selected in your paypal account for our protection, paypal may know that you have other addresses registered we do not…

Sorry if this has caused undue grief but as I said I believe we have this corrected now and just need to confirm. Though I suspect you may have had an email from Renae about this yesterday.

Andy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘problem with crc/paypal’ is closed to new replies.