Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Problem with an online retailer – am i in the wrong?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Right,

i bought a pair of trainers from an online seller. A reputable one, however the delivery driver couldnt find my address (quite a feat as the postman manages every day). They never left a card or contacted me to rearrange delivery, so i contacted the online seller.

I have asked for a refund as im going to buy from somewhere else, yet they will not refund until the trainers are back in thier warehouse. the snag is, it looks like the carrier (Hermes) have lost the package somewhere along the line.

is it right that they wont issue a refund until the package is back with them? even if i didnt sign for it and never recieved it?

feel like im being scammed a bit to be honest!!

nick1962
    Free Member

I just saw my local Hermes delivery driver standing next to a mountain of boxes(which would no way fit in her car) in a pub car park where they had been unloaded from a Hermes HGV.Not exactly confidence inspiring and the locals would think Christmas had come early if they did that in parts of Salford…

Coyote
    Free Member

If I remember rightly the contract for delivery is between the vendor and the courier, nothing to do with you. If they have failed to deliver then I’m sure you will be able to qualify for a refund.

Try harder! 🙂

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Hermes have messed up with my company many many times, absolutely dire service.

i know (think)im in the righ here. trying to stay polite but this has been going on for a week now……getting annoyed!

Mikkel
    Free Member

quite normal for them to wait

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Ask them for proof of delivery, they can’t bill you for something you havent got. If herpes 😆 have lost it the retailer will claim from them.

Simples.

slowmart
    Free Member

Try again then contact your credit card provider and dispute the transaction on the basis of non receipt.

When you have used a credit card to buy anything online, over the phone or in person in law the credit provider is the supplier. In law the credit card company has acquired title to the goods and passed title to you which means that the credit provider is wholly liable. In the real world it means the credit provider will refund you and in turn will be reimbursed by the supplier.

S.75 Consumer Credit Act if your short of something to do. It also means you have to question any insurances which are pushed down your throat by the credit providers who simply are trying to get you to pay to insure against any claims you may bring. what a lovely world eh!

jota180
    Free Member

Just tell the retailer that you’re going to ask your card provider to start a Chargeback on the transaction, that may focus their minds a bit

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Aye that’s what i thought. i didnt even recieve my item, so how can i be responsible for it getting lost!!!!!????

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

paid by paypal – debit card

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’ve always had good service from Hermes. All carriers lose parcels, it’s just a part of it.

Having said that, it’s not your problem as the recipient if it does get lost, so in your answer to your question, you’re not in the wrong.

Who is the retailer?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

sportsshoe.com

i dont believe the hermes driver ever came actually, ive had stuff delivered here before by them, so why all of a sudden is my address unfindable?!

cinnamon_girl

Had a bad experience with Hermes last week. Unbeknown to me, a box was left sitting outside my front door overnight, in full view of the street. No card was put through the letter box. I invariably go out through the garage door which is not near the front door hence not knowing it was there.

I complained to the retailer who eventually understood why I was angry.

If companies want business then they must listen to their customers.

A few months back I had to complain about City Link and eventually had to travel to depot for the parcel. Complained to the retailer and was reimbursed nicely for my 40 mile round trip.

properbikeco
    Free Member

just open paypal dispute – problem hopefulyl then sorted

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yep dispute … Package not recieved

Retailly might give a crap then

Junkyard
    Free Member

depends how skint i am

You can see why a retailer would only refund once they have them back and you can see why you want the money back now.

If i could afford to wait i would if i could not i would speak to them

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Problem with an online retailer – am i in the wrong?’ is closed to new replies.