Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Problem when sprinting (roadie)
  • oldgit
    Free Member

When I’m really going for it, like a race finish not closing a gap my rear wheel starts jumping about. Why?

chutney13
    Free Member

Regardless of the real answer i’d claim it as a demonstration of the awesome power of your legs, which is what you’re hoping for isn’t it?? 😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

You are badass. Period.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

its your bike coughing with fear.

chutney13
    Free Member
    mrmo
    Free Member

backs getting light by the sounds of it.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

I guess: You’re in the drops, weight forward – back wheel is unweighted and loses grip slighty with the right/left motion of your legs.

a stiffer wheel would suffer this more than a flexy one.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

It’s the sonic boom raising your rear wheel slightly

whatnobeer
    Free Member

This happens to be as well. Shifting the weight further back to maintain traction helps, as does focusing on keeping it on the ground (not sure what this changes in my technique though)

oldgit
    Free Member

I was wondering if it was a size thing?

chutney13
    Free Member

the link i posted really does have quite a good explanation for this, it has happened to me.

it’s all in the hips.

ojom
    Free Member

Have you tried administering less GigaRads? Perhaps adjusting to setting ‘4’ will help.

Watch out, they’ll get ya!

crikey
    Free Member

You are pulling up too much in an effort to get more power, and probably rocking about a bit much. Concentrate on pressing down, maybe change up a gear if possible.

trail_rat
    Free Member

bad pedal stroke …

same reason you see many folk strugling to get up a steep muddy climb and the next guy comes along and makes it look effortless – kenta im looking at you ….

oldgit
    Free Member

Cheers c13. I’ve been working on cadence, I might have a fiddle on the circuit this week. It’s not the sort of thing you can think about whilst it’s happening.

oldgit
    Free Member

crikey it looks like I’ll be up in the Peak on October 2nd. I think it will be a cross ride from Stoney Middleton way. Any good for you?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Problem when sprinting (roadie)’ is closed to new replies.