Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Problem Solvers Sheldon Fender Nuts
  • ell_tell
    Free Member

I’ve been having trouble trying to fix full length mudguards to the front of my CX, as the brace on the carbon fork is quite thick plus the brake hanger is a crown mounted jobbie.

These look like a possible solution but wondered has anyone used em with success?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Are you just trying to fix the brake hanger and mudguard mount to the fork crown? I picked up a seat clamp bolt from eBay that was long enough (and in titanium too), though it was a while ago and can’t remember who the seller is.

Failing that, ebay will flog you a pack of 5 A4 stainlesss m6x100mm bolts for £2.60.

MrNice
    Free Member

I was looking for them a few days ago and it seems impossible to get the longer ones (i.e. the ones you need for a carbon fork) in this country. Someone in US was offering to send them for a total cost (including postage but with the potential for customs on top) of >£40. Stuff that.

As you’re talking about a CX bike breatheeasy’s solution would work. For a road bike where I couldn’t just replace the bolt I filed out the bracket so the extra long nut would go through.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Are you just trying to fix the brake hanger and mudguard mount to the fork crown?

Yep. Trying being the operative word 🙂 Technically the mudguard mount is supposed to go behind the fork but I thought the front would also work but alas the bolt is too short. And the bolt supplied with the guard is even shorter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Problem Solvers Sheldon Fender Nuts’ is closed to new replies.