Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Problem rebuilding Rockshox Sids
  • convert

I’ve a pair of 120mm Sids – they have the hollow bottom fork legs so the bolt holes are 70mm odd up inside on the lowers.

I’ve taken them apart before with no bother but quickly dropped the lowers off this morning to to take a spacer out of the air spring. No drama as per usual.

However this time on reassembling the hex head bolt on the damper side won’t tighten. It seems to be because the shaft on the damper side just spins freely so instead of the nut threading up inside the shaft the whole lot just spins around and around?

Any thoughts – annoyed as first day off in weeks and I’d rather be riding than kicking the shed walls!

LoCo
    Free Member

Extent fully (rebound shaft) check both threads are clean (internal & bolt) put lock out on put lowers on carefully, lube and do bolt up.
    If still having trouble, put together fully so rebound side bolt last thin to do, turn forks upside down and compress each time you turn a bit so the stud is has a little force into the lower legs and should bind a touch more allowing you to tighten the bolt.
    HTH.

convert

Brilliant – was kind of hoping you would read this and respond!

Thanks very much – I’ll go and try it.

convert

turning fork upside down, compressing and tightening did it – yay, I can ride this afternoon!

Thanks a million – I know where I’l be sending them for a service in the future!

LoCo
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Problem rebuilding Rockshox Sids’ is closed to new replies.