Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • problem drinking water?
  • ton

been having a problem drinking water recently. for the last 2 weeks i have only drank 2 glasses of water.
    drink plenty of tea/coffee/fruit juice through the day, but dont fancy and struggle to drink water.

get pretty dehydrated some days, very dark urine, normal pale stuff other days.

i know it is not good, but how unsafe is it?

and ideas to get more water in me.

Mackem

How do you have a problem drinking water?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

If you’re ok drinking other things I’d just keep doing that. The main problem with drinking juices is they have a lot of sugar. Tea and coffee obviously have caffeine, but not enough to dehydrate you.

ton

mackem…..no idea mate. i seem to struggle to drink it, it is odd, cant describe it really.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Maybe get a water infuser to give it a bit of taste without too much sweetness.

I also sometimes use flavoured electrolyte tabs like High 5 Zero to make water less tedious.

allthepies
    Free Member

Add a squash to it ? Robinsons Barley Water type stuff, Strawberry and Kiwi FTW!

edward2000
    Free Member

I used to know a man who had a problem drinking water.

Striker??!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YVOUlNCJK2Y[/video]

russ295
    Free Member

I refill a glass bottle and keep it in the fridge. For some reason (prob in my head) it tastes better.

hora
    Free Member

Coldweather ton. Me too.

ton

someone at work said that hora.
    looks like more tea/coffee/pop until it warms up them……cheers

Stainypants

I’m the same I know sounds daft but I hate the stuff. Needs sweetener,coffee, tea, juice or alcohol added to make it palatable. I really struggle to drink from my camelbak as I don’t like putting energy drinks in it, might try some of those cheap I ectrolite tabs from the PSA

I generally get through a 1.5l bottle (or more) of Volvic/Buxton a day and if I don’t I am always dehydrated.

Yet I know people at work, who literally don’t drink water unless it’s in tea/coffee/beer and they are fine

Rockhopper
    Free Member

When I was working in Kandahar it was 50 degrees in the summer, we had problems with the guys not drinking enough. All our offices had fridges filled with bottles of water plus there were pallets of the stuff all over the place. A scientific study done by the US showed that when you drink chilled water your body actually makes you drink less of it than you other wise would with the resulting risk of dehydration.
    Personally I don’t like chilled water, I’d much rather have it at room temperature.

househusband
    Free Member

…ideas to get more water in me.

Well, if all that ale you appear to drink (according to Facebook) is, say, only 5% alcohol then surely most of the remaining 95% must be water, right?!

8)

Suggsey
    Free Member

You got rabies! 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Is your tap water that bad ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Exactly.

Sui
    Free Member

Rochopper that study also proved that your body will ask for fluid when it needs it. It proved trying to fore fluids in had no positive effect on the body..

hora
    Free Member

My tap water tastes of Chlorine. Huddersfield tapwater tastes refreshing by comparison.

No, I drink plenty of that at home.

However, in the middle of a field/at the side of a motorway taps aren’t that easy to come by. And I’d rather not drink from Travelodge taps

ton

Huddersfield tapwater tastes refreshing by comparison.

Huddersfield water tastes best when it is made into Magic Rock Ringmaster.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/53a3db0fe4b0e93dff8ffc69/t/53c4944ae4b00e8d041f861f/1405391966101/

somafunk

My tap water tastes and smells of chlorine yet I can cycle 5 miles up the hill and drink it out of the loch that feeds the Glengap water treatment works, nice fresh hill water, just a shame by the time I get it through the tap it stinks so i use a reusable bottle with a mini carbon filter thingy that I always carry/drink from.

soobalias
    Free Member

mtfu

shermer75
    Free Member

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Naturally caffeine free teas? Rooibos, Pepper mint etc. I know it all sounds a bit hippy/50year old woman but I get through loads of it all when I’m offshore.

Superficial
    Free Member

Now I think about it, the only time I routinely drink plain water is out on the bike. Otherwise – plenty of squash, tea, coffee, pop, beer etc. It’s pretty easy to get enough fluid that way, although I’d probably be healthier if I drank more water.

scotroutes

I usually have a glass of water with my evening meal and, as above, that’s what I usually drink when riding. Other than that it’s coffee, beer etc.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Chlorine tap water, just use a water filter jug. Have used filtered water in chlorine areas and works great, and tastes nice.

Now I’m in a hard water area and filter always for taste and for water I boil with otherwise instant fur.

@shermer75 – Get busy with the fizzy!

dingleberry
    Free Member

Try fizzy water?

metalheart
    Free Member

Shermer: is that a before and after set? 😯

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘problem drinking water?’ is closed to new replies.