Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Probably dumb shock mounting question.
  • unknown
    Free Member

Got a new shock for one of my bikes, but the reducers fitted are too narrow for the frame. The ones on the old shock are shot so no option to swap them over. Is there an obvious reason that I can’t just use the existing reducers and fill up the space with washers?

argoose
    Free Member

Visit TFTuned get the right ones, not expensive and your bike will feelbetter

Superficial
    Free Member

Why are the old ones shot? If they’re shot then replace them, surely?

unknown
    Free Member

Maybe I can explain this a bit better. What I have is a new shock with “top hat” style bushings. What I want to know is can I use washers as spacers on the mounting bolt to fill in the gaps between those bushings and the shock mount on the frame.

Superficial
    Free Member

I got what you meant. It just seems like a daft way to bodge an important part on (presumably) an expensive frame, to save a few measly quid.

Tophats/mounting hardware are specific to the frame, not to the shock.

unknown
    Free Member

Fair enough, expected as much. Only reason to bodge would have been son I can go riding tomorrow. Never mind, there’s always the road bike.

Superficial
    Free Member

Put the old top hats in, surely?

phillipmorgan
    Free Member

dont know whether it helps but i bought some of the low friction mounts from TF Tuned for my yeti and it has made a much bigger difference than i could have expected- so much so i have had to increase the damping settings plenty

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Probably dumb shock mounting question.’ is closed to new replies.