Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • probable cracked/broken rib(s) – what to-do?
  • weeksy

Ribs are only 90%. My bruising is still delicate slightly on the lower back.

muttley109
    Free Member

Yep my ribs are fixed now but my fitness is shocking!

metalheart
    Free Member

I managed to do the inner cairngorm loop last week. Did it over two days, conditions were crap but great to get out on the bike properly. Fortunately I didn’t fall off…. 😆

Still get discomfort now and again but stopped the paracetamol as not required.

So, yeah, pretty much back to normal too.

irelanst
    Free Member

I did mine about 18 months ago, it took ages for the bruising to show, maybe a week and then my whole side was purple and black – it looked quite impressive. As most have said Ibuprofen and Belgian beer was the ‘cure’.

muttley109
    Free Member

So I went back to BPW for the first time since I broke my ribs, had a great day with only one minor tumble! Jumped off, ran a few steps, tripped, rolled and back on my feet!

Instantly felt a bit of pain in the ribs but nothing like before and a few days later they are sore but nothing to worry about.

Sat here at my desk stretching and rubbing my ribs and I noticed one of my ribs seems to be sticking out of my back a bit. Its not causing me any severe pain just a bit of pain if I stretch or move a certain way. I haven’t noticed this before so I’m assuming I did it this weekend.

Do i need to pop it back in? Go to the doctors? wait until the next crash and see if it goes back in? or will it sort itself out?

flatfish
    Free Member

I seem to be back to normal with cycling, work, etc. but when I lean back on the kitchen chairs the back is at the exact height and the broken/healed ribs and it can be pretty uncomfortable.
    Can’t feel any steps in the ribs so must’ve set pretty straight.

yosemitepaul

Did mine three weeks ago today, coughing, sneezing and laughing are almost back to normal. Sleeping is not. I still have to lie on my side and moving is agony. Bed time activities have ceased!
    Until today, walking down a wet cobbled slope today, over I went. I just slipped and couldn’t stop the fall. Sat after the fall feeling very unhappy. It wouldn’t normally have been of consequence, but now several hours later I feel as if I’ve been beaten up. Hopefully a few ibuprofen’s a glass or two of red, and a good nights sleep will assist me in returning to the progress I was beginning to make.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘probable cracked/broken rib(s) – what to-do?’ is closed to new replies.