Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pro4 rear hub to boost conversion?
  • willv

Due to a warranty frame replacement I need to go boost at the back. Currently running a 142 Pro4.

Can it be converted or do I need new hub and rebuild?

If it can be converted am I ok with my “normal” chainset and just space as needed to get the chainline?

Cheers

superfli
    Free Member

Your rotor won’t be in the right place for caliper. So new hub required afaik

wrecker
    Free Member

Lindarets boostinator.
    http://www.lindarets.com/boostinator/
    If you can get one!

wiggles
    Free Member

Was it bought as a frame only or bike?

willv

Frame only. Think I’ll just upgrade up and sell on the old one

woolymonster
    Free Member

Sometimes the crankset will foul the chainstays too buddy…If you’re lucky enough not to have that issue, you’ll have heel rub for damn sure 🙂

Boost specific cranks mucker…Sorry to be the bearer of possible bad news mate.

willv

Fingers crossed I can space it. Already need a new seat post too. Why cant they leave shit alone!!

singlespeedstu

Sometimes the crankset will foul the chainstays too buddy…If you’re lucky enough not to have that issue, you’ll have heel rub for damn sure

Really.
    What about cranks that can be run as boost or none boost with just a change of chainring?
    I’m sure that the Q factor on XT cranks is the same for boost and none boost too. The only difference is 3mm in chainline.

woolymonster
    Free Member

The ones I’ve had have all needed the specific cranks, but I’m sure this may only be like I say, in ‘some’ cases…I’ve just had crap luck it appears. I know XT make a Boost specific crank if that helps.

I built up a Trek with XTR that definitely needed specific cranks – Just info that worth looking into should you have issues 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pro4 rear hub to boost conversion?’ is closed to new replies.