Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pro2 vs Pro2 Evo servicing- difference in tools? Bearing choice too please..
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I have the Hope tool kit for the older Pro2 hubs, can anyone tell me what changed with the Evo tool kit?

Also, full set of Hope bearings for the rear is £37.20- looked at getting SKF or similar individually but its not any cheaper- any pointers or is the Hope kit the best value?

johnnyc

I use the betd bearings, 30 for a set.
    betd

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Top of my head think main bearings are bigger, (or free hub bearings different) but not by much.

Bearing wise, Hope are Stainless steel. and tend to last a long time.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

One of the rear bearings is non standard, you won’t get a SKF equivalent. The bearing tool for fron hub will be okay, but I keep meaning to machine out the rear ones, as I bought them when I had QR rear, and so they won’t take an axle.

z1ppy

I tend to buy the Hope set, because as you say the equivalent SKF are no cheaper, though that Betd set have an “Enduro” marking on the picture, if that the case, I’d say there a bargain.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not all ‘enduro’ bearings are equal, though BETD are generally good quality. I stopped buying the genuine hope when I seen how little grease was in them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The inner freehub bearings on the evo are smaller to allow the axle to be stronger as it used to snap there.

The upshot of that was that the freehub bearings were lasting me <400km. Totalled one set in a week. Went back to regular pro 2s and can live with an axle once every few years.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pro2 vs Pro2 Evo servicing- difference in tools? Bearing choice too please..’ is closed to new replies.