Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pro II pawls, guidance please
  • specializedneeds

I will email Hope shortly, but….
    I mail ordered a set of pawls and springs. The new ones are very different to the old ones. See below, old on the left, new on the right.

The supplier says:
    “We have taken a look at this and spoke with our tech team who advised that the size will not make any difference once they are fitted. They also confirmed that the pawls are suited to the Pro 2 and Pro 2 Evo hubs.

According to our tech team the pawls you received are correct.”

I’m not convinced. Any experience?
    Thanks

simonbowns
    Free Member

it’s a new, slightly quieter design. all the Hope hubs are now using these, it’s the same for any spares/parts.

HTH.
    Si

matthew_h
    Free Member

Hope have swapped to the new, thinner pawls and springs recently. They’ve been testing them for over a year now and are happy so have released them. They work just as well as the others and have the added benefit of being a bit quieter. They’re definitely correct

specializedneeds

Thanks.
    I would have thought the narrower pawls would lead to uneven wear across the teeth. Oh well, if that’s all that’s available, guess I have no choice!

robarnold
    Free Member

I had the same fears when I got mine a few weeks ago, but fitted anyway. They work fine, and save weight 8)

si69jc
    Free Member

Why would you want to make a hope hub quieter ? i love the noise 😉

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Me too, dammit, I would buy the old set if I could find some*just in case*

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pro II pawls, guidance please’ is closed to new replies.