Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pro 2's vs evo's and others
  • Pieface

How bad are the barings on pro2 hub’s? I’ve found a bargain set but wondering if its worth holding out for the Evo’s.

Are the new barings interchangeable or not? How often do the barings need changing in Pro 2s assuming twice a week riding all year round. Do the barings last longer on the back or is it the same either end?

Any dates on the evo 2s yet? I’ve heard March now – any idea if this is beginning, middle or end?

I’m also considering Stan’s ZTR hubs which are pretty much identical to Hope XCs but with the HD having interchangable axles.

Any other hubs worth considering? I wamt something that will be good for about 10 years use, like my current Hope’s which need repairing and going onto my other bike.

Northwind

The bearings aren’t exactly bad, but they’re small so they don’t last that well. Still, they’re very easy to change so it’s not the end of the world. The Evos do look like a step forward though, plus you can use a maxle in them without snapping which is good for futureproofing.

Pieface

I will be running a Maxle…whats the issue?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Oh, sorry, rear maxle! Front maxle is spot on, rear has a habit of snapping in half, especially with a maxle lite. There’s basically bugger all metal left in the axle once they bore out the big hole. Terrible design.

I really rate my Pro 2s, they’ve got their flaws but they’re a good solid workmanlike bit of kit. Plus I like anything that you can service with just a hammer.

sherry
    Free Member

I tried Fireeye excelerant hubs as a change to the pro 2’s on my other bike and they have been very very good. They have been on my winter bike and not had one prob with them. I would say they are just as good as my pro 2’s and a good bit cheaper as well!
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51892

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pro 2's vs evo's and others’ is closed to new replies.