Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Pro 2 replacement bearing question
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Has anyone bought a set of replacement ebarings off ebay for their pro 2 hubs?
    Looking at THESE – anyone got an opinion/experience of this or the seller?

I wil ofcourse remove the seal pre fitting and put more grease in if need be.

sv

😆

That is good value, includes front and rear bearing sets. Must check my hubs and see they are ok. Just replaced the Pitch bearings with Enduro ones – well worth £50!

robhughes
    Free Member

Ask kael.He,s good with bearings.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

rob – not a chance 🙂

btw – apostophes go up high, commas go down low

robhughes
    Free Member

Anal as well ey….

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lol – teacher who lives with an English teacher 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wouldn’t touch em. No brand name they will more than likely last 5 mins. Proper reputable brand name bearings for long life

rob-jackson
    Free Member

even if regreased before use?

sv

No worse than some of the others out there.

foxyrider
    Free Member

They will be cheapos so you get what you pay for – email them an ask who the manufacturers are to see if they are a decent set? Otherwise you can get cheapos for that price separately?

However if you use a jet wash regularly then it won’t matter as they will fail in 6 months anyhow 😉

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ive used those ones before and they lasted 4 rides / washes – not pressure washer, just bucket and sponge. crap. i even added superweb grease before i fitted them and even that did’nt help

rob-jackson
    Free Member

18bikes it is then 🙂

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

definately worth the extra mate

wwaswas

I’d really consider getting the correct bearing presses (includign the hub support thingy) too.

Having just done a set of Pro2’s (I previously bodged stuff using sockets etc) I found the whole thing to be so much easier. I seemd to have to use less force with the hammer to get the bearings to seat properly too.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i have got them already

turtleheading
    Free Member

I just got any old ones off ebay, they have lasted well. Well over a season now. Think I paid around a £5 each. Just add loads of grease to keep the muck out…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

The hope ones are that price

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Pro 2 replacement bearing question’ is closed to new replies.