Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pro 2 evo / Crests issue…. getting the bead off the rim
  • weeksy

Now this is the reverse to the threads we usually see….

My beads are often stuck fast to the rim. What i mean is… i deflate the tyre but it remains stuck and virtually impossble to get off….

Looking at it, the tape/whatever on the inside is very ‘gluey’ and seems to be all over the place. I’m wondering if i should whip off the no-tubes tape that came with them and replace with standard strip ?

I don’t run tubeless and have no intention of starting now… so this is not the place to tell me i should 😉

br
    Free Member

I don’t run tubeless and have no intention of starting now… so this is not the place to tell me i should

Its the same when they are tubeless, but this is what stops them burping 🙂

Just break the ‘connection’, might take a bit of fiddling – and might damage the tube…

Go tubeless 🙂

wwaswas

as above when they initially ‘snap’ on it’s the tyre bead partly locking onto the rim.

You just need to be a bit more brutal with the tyre levers. I find the Pedro’s DH tye levers have a relatively good shape to get under tyre beads like that.

Oh, and go tubeless 😉

weeksy

thanks lads 🙂

Northwind

Only thing to add is, don’t try and shift them off the bead with a massive push in a single place- do it in small doses, if you loosen it fractionally in a couple of places then go again at teh middle it’ll gome off far easier.

The plus side is that if you flat, it’ll keep the tyre on which helps protect the rim and tube (and you, since Interesting Times follow if the tyre rolls off or the tube comes off and tangles the wheel)

iainc

This problem was about to befall me too with my new wheels, however much deliberation on here led to me changing my mind and going for XM719 rims !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pro 2 evo / Crests issue…. getting the bead off the rim’ is closed to new replies.