Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Privateer…middle class middle aged MBUK
  • Northwind

rewski – Member

if privateer didn’t exist I doubt very much that ST mag would be in it’s new current format.

I reckon if Singletrack didn’t exist nobody would have even pitched Privateer never mine printed it.

jameso

I reckon if Singletrack didn’t exist nobody would have even pitched Privateer never mine printed it.

I think they would have – it’s Rouleur for MTB types. The new mag from the Autotrader publishers looks a little like a road version of STW – similar design and feature balance, target audience etc.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m a fan of the Privateer mag and the new STW, they get a big Thumby Uppy thing from me. I buy them because of two things… Quality of content (both score high) and quality and ethos of the mag and editors/journo’s writing (both score high, again) I subscribe to Rouleur too (but that doesn’t surprise you does it)

I’m a fan of these mags, in depth articles on stuff you don’t normally see (on rides or because you walk around with your eyes shut to life outside of this ere forum) and definitely worth every penny they cost. They are forming a decent furrow between “mags that do tests” and “test mags”, this I like as I can’t stand “this bike has the latest bollox widget onit and gets 9/10 from us” and rather prefer the feel of the writing on the test, which these two mags actually get across.

I can’t stand shiny mags, Cyclesport and so too ProCycling now don’t feature on my “occasional table” CS has one small edge over PC in that it’s humble enough to be taken lightly and takes the pee out of itself and others, this I like. I don’t like mags that are too stuffy and restrictive, I like them to be pushing edges of journo’ism and writing about stuff I don’t normally see, I’ve read too many articles on ex TdF winners to be interested any more..

Forge away Privateer and STW.. keep the content and I’ll keep buying.

rewski
    Free Member

At least neither magazines put there images on an angle to make the riders look more gnar.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Privateer is for mountain bikers who already know the obvious; for riders who have paid their dues in sweat and dust and broken bone, and are irrevocably hooked.

We’ll i’m out there, on more than one account . . .

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Privateer…middle class middle aged MBUK’ is closed to new replies.