Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Privateer
  • warton
    Free Member

So, Issue 1 came in October didn’t it?
    6 issues a year it says on their website….
    Wheres issue 2?

Drac

Due out February iirc.

warton
    Free Member

so is it 3 issues a year?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GHill

“The next issue is then due out in late Feb/early Mar 2010. After that Privateer will be published 6 times a year”

From the Privateer website.

warton
    Free Member

aah,

note to self: stop skimming web pages, read them properly

Drac

Your not the first Warton.

fontmoss
    Free Member

how did folks find the 1st issue? worth punting £9 on? i know there was an initial offer but that seems to have finished. Don’t have a local stockist sadly but recently read first copy o rouleur and was impressed with the writing (and pics)

ourmaninthenorth

Privateer – content not as good as Rouleur. But it looks nice.

But, Rouleur is nigh on 22 issues old, so it’s had a chance to settle in, and road always seems to attract more writers.

I hope Privateer establishes itself and captures the right thing about MTBing, whatever that may be.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’d agree with ourmaninthenorth. The first issue was quite interesting, but I wasn’t blown away by it. Hopefully it will improve a little as it finds its feet. I’ll probably get the next issue at some point.

fontmoss
    Free Member

cheers for that, to be expected i guess and had heard similar from other folk. i shall try and find some non extortionate copies of rouleur…

IdleJon

I wasn’t too impressed when I received my ‘free’ copy. The pics looked boring and the articles didn’t make the mag stand out from the bunch. I wouldn’t have bought it, especially for £9.

However, I got around to reading it about 6 weeks later and thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ll happily let my subscription go through.

I’m of the opposite opinion to the above, though. I thought that the writing in the only copy of Rouleur I’ve got was pretty poor. I didn’t buy another copy, despite reading pretty much any book written about road racing. Rouleur seemed to have too many of the writers I find tedious. (Graham Fife stands out in this, in my very personal opinion of course!)

fontmoss
    Free Member

horses for courses i guess, maybe ill pick up a privateer and have a look

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Privateer’ is closed to new replies.