Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Private to NHS healthcare?
  • benz
    Free Member

About 3 years ago got the camera up the back end and 3 pre cancerous polyps removed up found one of the bends.

Fast forward about 3 years, redundancy means no private healthcare anymore.

Gastro consultant who did the previous procedure recommended return in around 3 years to get checked out again. I have a copy of his letter which was also sent to my GP at the time.

The question:

Will my GP be able to refer me into NHS system to get checked out off the back of consultant letter?

Thanks.

nickc

talk to your GP, but given your history, I think most GPs would probs refer. They’ll be a waiting list though

project
    Free Member

Go see local GP and show them the letter, choose choose and book to find a hospital with a shorter waiting list for an operatioon

woody21
    Free Member

There is something called Patient Choice where you can be referred by your Dr to a private hospital – not sure if it is nationwide or covers all health issues. Worth checking though

tjagain

Basically no. It would be a complete new referral starting the process again. Occasionally GPs will shortcut for you but a basic principle is no mix of NHS and private work for the same condition

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Private to NHS healthcare?’ is closed to new replies.