Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • private detectives
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

Anyone hired one?

I am getting rather sick of being told my ex partner is untracable by hmrc and therefore the csa cant do anything

He has had several foreign holidays this year, always turns up in expensive gear – when he isnt in his works clothes.

I am of paying a fortune in childcare so I can work enough hours to make ends meet

I think its the only option I now have is to prove to hmrc and the csa the ********** is working and earning abdecent wage

wwaswas

I’ve got nothing to say that will help but I hope you track down his employer/source of income and that he has to face up to his financial responsibilities.

flatfish
    Free Member

Is he employed or self employed?

shifter
    Free Member

Hmrc don’t do joined up thinking.
    I used an investigator to find my dad.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

[/silly]

Best of luck.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Self employed – will get the whole mess sorted somehow 🙂

Moses

If he turns up at your place, can a mate at least follow him home? And you must know his vehicle number. Both would help.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If he is self employed his company has to have an address
    His vehicle has to be registered somewhere and he or the company has to register for taxes that show income

IIRC you can milk the system if self employed by low wages and high dividends if it is a limited company so it may not be as fruitful as you wish.

I assume you know where he lives and if not insist re access or some such nuclear option?
    In essence fathers should pay or they deserve our scorn
    mothers should allow access or they deserve our scorn
    I dont know if I would use one as leverage for the other tbh as that drags the kids in but what is happening is not correct, fair or reasonable.
    I suspect my treat folk how they treat me side would kick in and what he values most is the access.
    How shitty/insistent/forceful you are prepared to be is between you and your moral compass.

I may have some personal experience of difficult ex partners but it has not given me much wisdom nor the perfect answer for me , you or anyone else.

Best of luck.

andrewh
    Free Member

We use them regularly-ish, if there is such a word, at work, maybe 20 times a year. Usually clients who owe us money and have disapeared. Basic find isn’t too expensive, usually two figures, the super-duper verified one where they visit the premises to confirm their findings is more.
    It’s these guys https://www.sherlock.uk.net/
    I have no idea about the rules of CSA cases but suing someone for an upaid debt isn’t that hard once you’ve found them, hard bit is getting them to cough up once you’ve got judgement, some do pay some don’t, hen it’s either bailiffs or a charging order on their property, and in extreme cases (only once in five years I’ve been their) a forced sale of their property to recover it.

andrewh
    Free Member

IIRC you can milk the system if self employed by low wages and high dividends if it is a limited company so it may not be as fruitful as you wish.

Even easier to find him if he has a limited company, public records held by companies house are searchable online, basic ifo is free, detailed info costs a small amount.

kilo

Hmrc don’t do joined up thinking.

That’s the revenue for you, hmc&e were s**t hot at finding people when I worked there :lol:. However I suspect it ‘s more the case of this matter being dealt with by a run of the mill civil servant rather than anyone used to hunting people down

OP why are they maintaining he is untraceable,it may be he is just operating in the black economy so is not on their radar of paye and vat and they,ve not checked much more. Have you provided registrations of any vehicle he turns up in, does he have any bank statement turning up at your address – if so get them stopped so he has to give the bank a current address (equifax GBiq can then be used), has he ever given you a cheque if not can you get one – give the details to hmrc. What work does he do, will he be self employed, Ltd company (Companies House). Being brutality realistic HMRC or anyone else who works under RIPA, can’t deploy surveillance resources to proves he’s working unless they can see it as a criminal matter (tax evasion vat fraud, benefit fraud) so documentary proof may be more useful
    Sorry it’s a bit rambling and probably not much help but I suspect a private dick will ask the same questions.

Never understood why people are happy to dump on their kids but seems so be a fairly common thing

adjustablewench
    Free Member

He doesn’t have accounts in his name and the tax records hold nothing. I dont live on a road so i dont actually get to see his vehicle reg. I may try loitering on the road next time hes due to drop the boys off.

Have had a lot of good advice so will be sorting various bits of information, thank you.

I know its tough to sort things amicably – and appreciate a lot of dads get a raw deal, all we can hope is that we get to a point where things are dealt with fairly and as stress free as possible

Just want to get on with my life to be honest

wrecker
    Free Member

To save the potential poor result from the CSA (if he has no records of earnings), why not tell him to pay the child care or **** off?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wench later today

PS note to self never ever search for woman in bushes on Google folks remember to add hiding

kilo

report him for tax evasion then, he’s either on benefits (in which case report him for working and claiming) or he’s got an income he’s not declaring – 0800 788 887. Of course he could be a criminal living off the profits in which case it’d be money laundering but I suspect you might have noticed that lifestyle. Does sound like he needs a good hard kick in the balls. Good luck

Chew
    Free Member

I dont live on a road so i dont actually get to see his vehicle reg. I may try loitering on the road next time hes due to drop the boys off

I’m sure one of us could loiter to find out 😉

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha – I may take you up on that chew – just don’t loiter around here with your bike it woukd be too much of a magnet to the locals 🙂

see you next weekend I pressume (not to loiter near my house obviously!)?

damascus
    Free Member

I’m a benefit fraud investigator. The IR and CSA could find him and work out his income but they don’t have the resources to do it on everyone.

The basic things investigators do are credit searches, you just need his name, d.o.b, last known address. That should show his current address and any credit he has applied for.

We use legislation to allow us to look at people’s credit history but pi’s just log onto experian and pretend to be the person they are looking to trace.

If he’s just bought a fancy car on credit I would then look to see what income he declared to get his finance. Obtain his bank statements and see what income he has go through his account in a year. Look at his expenditure etc. pi’s can’t use legislation but they have other means.

You could send any information you get on him to the CSA. If he has made any false statements about his income they would look to prosecute him.

Good luck

crikey
    Free Member

Do you get into taxis and say ‘Follow that car!’?

Drac

GPS in the kids’ bag.

kilo

Do you get into taxis and say ‘Follow that car!’?

Done that once, a mate once commandeered a jetski to chase a boat!!

crikey
    Free Member

Done that once, a mate once commandeered a jetski to chase a boat!!

Birmingham?

leffeboy

is this thread starting to morph into the GTAV one?

project
    Free Member

I suppose youve put his name,and phone number into google,bing etc, also facebook and any other search engine.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

but pi’s just log onto experian and pretend to be the person they are looking to trace.

]

Bleeding genuis mate! My quest to find a scumbag has just been re-invigorated.

And sorry : that’s unrelated / unhelpful to the OP. 😉

Frankenstein
    Free Member

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Kilo…does your username mean something in relation to your former employment? 😉

kilo

Birmingham?

Bit of a thread hijack, London but ended up in Herne Bay. The jetski was a bit of a dangerous mistake, fortunately two others had commandeered a boat; “follow that trawler” and somebody else managed to whistle up a Nimrod – which was nice.

santacruzsi – Member

Kilo…does your username mean something in relation to your former employment

Yep, Kilo 10, and kilo was also the call sign for the surveillance motorcyclists which I also did.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Expanding on Dracs suggestion…
    Do you have a smart phone?
    Are your kids old enough to be trusted with it for the day?
    If so, let them have it but first activate a ‘find my phone’ app then use a laptop to follow where they go.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Kilo , yep guessed that’s what you were getting at once you revealed you used to work for c&e. 😀

CountZero

I may try loitering on the road next time hes due to drop the boys off.

Can’t you get the kids to scribble down the car reg and the address they go to when dad isn’t looking, as a bit of a game?
    I was also going to suggest the GPS tracing of a smartphone using an appropriate app. Works very well, the boys don’t even have to be using it, just having the app on, and the phone locked and stuffed into an inside picket on a rucksack or something. 😈

bullheart
    Free Member

somebody else managed to whistle up a Nimrod – which was nice.

😯

My PA can’t even whistle me up a coffee; what hotline do I need to use to get a Nimrod?

zokes
    Free Member

My PA can’t even whistle me up a coffee; what hotline do I need to use to get a Nimrod?

You’d be shit out of luck these days – one of the first things Ca moron did when he came to power was to chop the wings off em.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Like the suggestions.

I am pretty sure the csa have done credit checks and that does not bring any details – not even a bank account. I know the address he is staying at and I have noticed he now shows up there on the 192 website.

The boys actually gave me the address but i dont want to ask them to do too much – i guess if I ever got a free evening I could go to doncaster myself nd try and find his works van reg number.

Failing that the idea of whislting up a wingless nimrod to fly over his head actually sounds quite appealing – if you see any ‘man gets squashed by secondhand wingless jet headlines’ it’s nothing to do with me though 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘private detectives’ is closed to new replies.