Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Printing Web Pages
  • woody74

Does anyone know of a way to print a webpage, exactly as it is shown. I also want the full page and not just a screen grab. It must be possible but I can’t find anyway to do it. You would have thought it would be a standard function.

rossburton
    Free Member

File->Print is about the best you’ll get, surely.

scotroutes

Well, you’ve an immediate issue in that what you see on the screen may, or may not be a full “web page”, so your printer is going to have difficulties working out what to fit on a sheet of paper, with scaling etc to be taken care of. A screen grab is often the best way of replicating what you see on the screen unless the page had been optimised for printing or the view of it has been designed to be replicated on paper.

rossburton
    Free Member

If you want to print the *exact pixels* that are on screen then you’re asking for a series of screengrabs, so just take screenshots and stick them together in photoshop/whatever.

wwaswas

Snipping tool in windows is pretty good. Or Alt-PRtScreen to get a screen grab.

johndoh
    Free Member

I use ’Full screen page capture’ (a Chrome extension) which creates a .jpg of the entire page (ie, not just what is in the immediate screen view) from which I can do what I want with it.

kelvin

Very handy johndoh, Ta.

rossburton
    Free Member

I really hope it doesn’t produce a JPEG! (lossy, so you’ll get blurry text)

johndoh
    Free Member

I really hope it doesn’t produce a JPEG! (lossy, so you’ll get blurry text)

Just checked – it’s a .png.

And no worries kelvin – glad I helped someone 🙂

woody74

Brilliant thanks all, I will give that chrome extension a go.

johndoh
    Free Member

I win 🙂

sirromj

Greenshot is a screenshooter that will also screenshot a webpage in Internet Explorer – so great if you use Internet Explorer. It’s also very nice for general screenshot duties, lots of options, file formats, save-locations, key-bindings etc.

DickBarton

If using a mac then Paparazzi is very good. Not found similar for a pc but a print to pdf option is handy.

mattwilliams84
    Free Member

I use Fireshot for Google Chrome, can save entire page as a JPG or PDF:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/take-webpage-screenshots/mcbpblocgmgfnpjjppndjkmgjaogfceg?hl=en

Matt

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Printing Web Pages’ is closed to new replies.