Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PRINCE2 course
  • matther01
    Free Member

Is it me or is the 5 day course horrendous?

Only on day 2 and my head is fried! So much homework to do….arrghh

Role on the weekend so I can de-stress on the bike.

y0eddy
    Free Member

We dont need another Project Manager in this world!!!!! 😛

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Yep. It’s horrendous. Did it a couple of years ago.

TBH it’s all focused on passing the test at the end, which I didn’t find particularly hard.

sc-xc

I did mine a few weeks ago, didn’t do any homework…found the foundation tough but the practitioner easy (you can use the book). Biggest lesson is to tab and highlight the book.

Now I’m qualified, I will never, ever think about it again.

franksinatra

We dont need another Project Manager in this world!!!!!

You won’t get one after Prince2 so don’t worry about it. All you will get a person qualified in an industry of processes and stages

I guarantee you will never use more than 20% or what you learnt. It is, at least, 80% bollocks with a few nuggets of good stuff thrown in here and there.

franksinatra

Now I’m qualified, I will never, ever think about it again

until you need to re-qualify in a few years time…

tonyd

until you need to re-qualify in a few years time…

or senior management decide something else is better. Over the course of about 8 years I did Six Sigma, Prince2, and then ITIL. I’d agree it’s largely bollocks but you gotta tick those boxes!

sc-xc

Well, yep. 🙂

I was slightly hampered on the course by having had actual experience of running actual projects 😆

grizedaleforest

Can you put PRINCE before your name ❓

tonyd

I was slightly hampered on the Prince2 practitioner by having to write so much. My handwriting is bad enough, I type more than write and other than two cards per year (one birthday, one valentines, the wife writes the rest!) I rarely write anything that needs to be legible.

5 days of writing and I was in agony.

ourmaninthenorth

Project management is for people who love a good process. Programme management is for seat of the pants, qualified in something completely unrelated, people who’ve got to corral a large number of people who are experts in what they do.

Week 2 of about 65….. I reckon I’ll know what I’m doing by the end 😉

csb

If you want a properly fried brain do the MSP practitioner course as well. Even more nonsense nomenclature and arbitrary processes.

br
    Free Member

or senior management decide something else is better. Over the course of about 8 years I did Six Sigma, Prince2, and then ITIL. I’d agree it’s largely bollocks but you gotta tick those boxes!

I’m older than you, it was SSADM when I started. 🙂

matther01
    Free Member

Still doing homework…christ almighty!! My little lad get up at 4:30 and the foundation exam is tomorrow.

Dont think i will even attempt agile next 🙁

hooli

I found foundation OK, practitioner I found a lot harder as you need to get 3 pieces of information for a single mark while pushed for time.

Something I discovered on day 2 of the 5 day course was that I didn’t want to be a PM 😳

Good luck!

barkm
    Free Member

Got the 5 day foundation/practitioner and exam course booked for June. Was pretty alarmed when it said 5 days. I’m sure these used to be longer. I guess it’s a cost reduction thing.

Also ‘required’ to do APMP this year. 😥

warton
    Free Member

I was on an Business analysis course a year or so back. The guy taking it made the point you could stop pretty much anyone in the street and ask them if they are Prince2 qualified, they will answer yes, ask them if they use it, they will answer no.

clubber
    Free Member

It gets easier after day 2 as you learn to stop trying to make sense of it and just go along with it for the exam at the end 😉

FWIW, I found it fairly useful though as above, you only really tend to use a small part of it as such given that it’s really just a framework to put common sense together.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PRINCE2 course’ is closed to new replies.