Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • Prince Philip Strikes Again!
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

“The Philippines must be half empty, you’re all here running the NHS”

Excellent stuff.
    And not as racist as a lot of his earlier work.

😀

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

National Hero!

scaredypants

good point, not well-made. wonder how well the phillipines health service copes with the loss of so many trained staff ?

dannyh
    Free Member

Silly old twunt.

Haven’t we starting ignoring him yet?

Pigface
    Free Member

Phil the kebab 😆

matt_outandabout

National Greek Hero!

FTFY

twoniner
    Free Member

legend!

Tom-B
    Free Member

If a stw member posted that the pitchforks would be out rather quickly.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Is it racist at all? Surely only racist if he assumed all asian looking people in the hospital were Phillipinos.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

He’d fit right in on here 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

Surely only racist if he assumed all asian looking people in the hospital were Phillipinos.

Which is probably what he did do, to be fair 😆

brakes
    Free Member

there is NOTHING racist at all about the statement posted by the OP.

jon1973
    Free Member

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Prince_Philip,_Duke_of_Edinburgh

Well, you’ll never fly in it, you’re too fat to be an astronaut.

Said at the University of Salford to a 13-year-old aspiring astronaut, who was wishing to fly the NOVA rocket

How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?

Asked of a driving instructor in Scotland

andyruss
    Free Member

Don’t worry the stw permanently offended will be along shortly 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

Don’t worry the stw permanently offended will be along shortly

I find that offensive.

dannyh
    Free Member

I can’t be arsed to be offended by the ramblings of a silly old tosser!

matt_outandabout

I find that offensive.

I am offended by you taking offense.

deviant
    Free Member

Awesome, he’s the world’s greatest proponent of freedom of speech!

dannyh
    Free Member

Somehow I doubt he’s that tolerant of people whose views differ to his, though.

Cougar

If I were married to the Queen and not King, I’d be the master of not giving a toss as well.

Houns

Love him

totalshell

top bloke.. says what he sees..

about 190 yrs old as well.. chapeau fella

Ambrose

Scardeypants- Since the closure of Subic Bay US Navy base there have been a lot of highly skilled workers seeking employment elsewhere.

zokes
    Free Member

+1 Cougar

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s probably not got a lot of time left.

gribble
    Free Member

Good effort – another quality comment that I can’t quite believe he said – although I find amusing would never have the genius internal comedy to come out with it myself. Mad as a box of frogs.

hammerite
    Free Member

My Grandad says some pretty cringeworthy things too, still find him funny though. Main difference is no one takes a blind bit of notice my Grandad says.

martinhutch

He’s absolutely spot on on this occasion. Whether it’s intentional or not.

The NHS has been looting the Philippines (and plenty of other developing countries) of nursing and medical staff for some years now.

Northwind

Yup- people moan about immigrants but the NHS is pretty dependant on them (when I was in for my hip surgery, it was a fine mix of phillipines, west africa, germany and russia, I think only the surgeons were scottish.) Very glad they were there but you do wonder about who’s doing the job back home.

footflaps

I think he’s a National Treasure and a good counter balance to all this PC nonsense, where you can’t call it as it is for fear of offending someone.

MSP

He is the royal equivalent of a Paul Scholes tackle. The nasty intent is there for all to see, but too many want to pretend he is just a character.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

he assumed all asian looking people

Afghanistan, Cyprus, Russia, Turkey, The Maldives, Mongolia?

Didn’t actually realise ‘Asians’ look a certain way. Oriental Asians look vaguely similar.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think it’s interesting that he’s even aware of the number of Filipinos working in the NHS. It rather indicates that he doesnt always operate in rarefied air and does know a little bit about what’s going on in the country.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

It’s yer usual story of the great-unwashed failing to realise that without intent there is no racism. And of course his comment was not in the slightest racist, but those with little better to do will find the offense in just about anything.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I know a Kiwi who works for an agency that “imports” staff for the NHS.

They get a great deal on flights, accommodation and even a repatriation/ reintegration service at the end of their tour of duty – all at the British tax payers’ expense.

It a real morale booster for the British nurses (not). More of them leave which opens up more opportunity for immigrant workers.

We should take care of our own people (all colours of skin).

muckytee
    Free Member

Haha, he’s like a royal Jeremy Clarkson 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think the term for oriental Asians if you’re prince Phil, is “slitty eyed”.

Sancho
    Free Member

it’s a good thing that the NHS is employing a lot of Philipino nurses as they can teach the english nurses a thing or two about patient care

grum
    Free Member

That’s not racist, this is though.

1. China State Visit, 1986

If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed.

3. To an Aborigine in Australia

“Do you still throw spears at each other?”

Also

‘Buckingham Palace officially apologized in November 2000, after the prince toured a Scottish factory. While looking at electrical equipment, the prince said its crude appearance seemed as if it was “installed by an Indian.”‘

And a special one for the touchy Scots:

7. To a driving instructor in Scotland

“How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?”

I suspect he probably is a bit of a racist, but only in the ‘ignorant old git’ kind of way rather than anything malicious.

He is highly entertaining though. 🙂

bwaarp
    Free Member

The NHS has been looting the Philippines (and plenty of other developing countries) of nursing and medical staff for some years now.

Long story short Filipinos are incredibly nice with a happy go lucky attitude towards life to the point that they tolerate a corrupt as **** government which discourages foreign investment.

Consequently exporting skilled workers is one of their major industries and expat nurses end up sending a lot of their money back home.

We get highly skilled foreign workers who we haven’t had to spend a dime on training and they get to boost their GDP. Win win. It does mean their health care system is pushed to the limit though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Prince Philip Strikes Again!’ is closed to new replies.