Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Prince Albert headset, lower stack height, fork/downtube clearance
  • Jimbo
    Free Member

A few DB Prince Albert owners here, I’m led to believe.

Need to fit some 426 Air U-Turn Revs (with all the adjuster gubbins on top) to a 15.5" PA frame, and it seems that fork adjuster/downtube clearance may be a little tight.
    Anyone have any suggestions for/experience of headsets that’ll allow adequate clearance between fork and frame?
    Current fave (Cane Creek S8) with 12.3mm lower stack height looks tight, if my cunning bog-roll mock-up is to be believed. Hope HS looks more promising with 14.1mm. Any good?

Merci bucket, gentlemen…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

my hope worked fine with revs and a PA and with pikes and pa

forge197
    Free Member

FSA with Revs has worked fine,

Jimbo
    Free Member

Which FSA headset was that?

Currently erring towards Hope: if not for the "best" stack height, then for the whole "Made in England" thing 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

I’ve got a wtb headset on my 15’5 PA, running the air U-turn revs with no clearence issues.

I’ve not heard of anyone having fork dial clearance issues with any headset on a Prince Albert. I suppose it could happen if the lower cup is really shallow and the fork dials are quite high.

But if you want to be "really sure" then a Hope will probably offer the most clearance as their lower cups are quite deep.

forge197
    Free Member

I actually have no clue what model FSA it is 😳 I do have one with a Chris King and that’s fine again with rev’s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Prince Albert headset, lower stack height, fork/downtube clearance’ is closed to new replies.