Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Prince Albert build or Orange P7 Pro off the shelf
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Tough choice for me. Might come down to the satisfaction of building up my own choice of bike (and having owned a PA before) vs trying something new with an Orange.

I’d probably swap the 140mm Fox Vanilla fork for a set of Revs if I went for the P7.

What other differences am I going to notice? I suspect the P7 will be a little lighter and feel slightly less “burley”, the P7 is going to come with XT kit whereas I’m probably go for x9 personally, and because I have a set spare, the PA would have mono minis brakes, whereas the P7 has Strokers which I suspect are more powerful.

Anyone got experiences of both?

cheers

waihiboy
    Free Member

I’d probably swap the 140mm Fox Vanilla fork for a set of Revs if I went for the P7.

no need mate, i used to have 100 rebas on my P7 and was taking ages to decide what forks to get wanted Van 140mm but worried about not being able to ramp them down so thought of Revs… got the Vans in the end it they are puuuuuurfect. only bobs very slightly on STEEP hills, transformed the bike

great bike and can take the hits, it seems heavy but i did come from an anthem with carbon bits on it.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I have PA frame for sale if interested….

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

what colour, size and price frame are you selling?

mboy
    Free Member

I think you’ve answered your own question regarding the spec choices. If there’s that much you’d change (brakes and drivetrain) on the P7 anyway, it’ll be cheaper and easier just to build your own bike in the first place.

Me, I’d prefer a P7 (with Shimano kit), but that said if you’re buying a frame and building it up, the P7 frame is VERY expensive compard to the PA. We’re all different too, so what suits me won’t suit you necessarily!

Whatever you do though, you’re going to get a pretty good bike. Would err on the side of Rockshox forks, preferably with a 20mm axle, over anything from Fox though personally. Better damping, stiffer, more reliable (though heavier) IMO.

stugus
    Free Member

took my pa for a spin at the weekend, its got fox vans and the stroker brakes. makes for a very confident ride. Couldn’t be happier with it!!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Yes, I remember the happy days of owning a PA, vearing towards replacing it when Mike @ Dialled is back in the UK to ship a frame. But, been offered a decent deal on a P7…..choice, choices

Jezkidd
    Free Member

It’s a large in battleship grey, looks purposeful…. Email in profile if you’re interested, it’s in good nick…

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

thanks, need a medium, good luck selling it, deserves a good home

forge197
    Free Member

I like my PA was out on it today, if you get the PA then you build and spec it as you desire,

kelvin

Why choosing between just those two?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Prince Albert build or Orange P7 Pro off the shelf’ is closed to new replies.