• This topic has 84 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Primary school children to be taught controversial theory about origins of life
  • Lifer
    Free Member

thx1138 – Member

“They keep faith schools because they get good results.”

Do they get good results because they are religious, or because they employ good teachers? Many faith schools are independent, and pay higher salaries than state schools, so can attract better teachers. The religion has nothing to do with the quality of education.

And they can pick and choose their students.

scuzz
    Free Member

My RE education was balanced, with nothing presented as fact that isn’t a fact (religion does exist) . The teacher was very careful not to influence our choice of belief.
    The young Christian guy (with his unnatural and disconcertingly happy life outlook) who kept coming in to chat about his pal? Not as tactful.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My experience is like donks also.
    My son goes to anon religious school but one teacher is devout and made him write a prayer to Jesus and did a whole month on marriage ….just after the church sent out those letters about how it was theirs.however they teach it re us not one of the essential things all kids must learn and time would be better spent o. Something else philosophy ethics for example

GrahamS

one teacher is devout and made him write a prayer to Jesus

No worse than a letter to Santa I suppose 😉

D0NK

I was going to be a no nonsense parent, no Santa, tooth fairy, monsters, unicorns or god. Mrs told me in no uncertain terms that Santa would be a feature in our house at christmas, reckon grandparents would have lynched me aswell. Great in a few years time “yes I know we said there was a bearded guy who could see what you were doing at all times and could appear in your room at night, but honestly for real this time, he doesn’t exist, no neither does that one your grandma told you about”

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Primary school children to be taught controversial theory about origins of life’ is closed to new replies.