• This topic has 23 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PRIDE
  • Ambrose

I’ve just watched the film, what a blast! Loved it from start to finish.

wwaswas

Watched it a couple of weeks ago and loved it too.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, great film, really funny and heartwarming

iolo
    Free Member

“We’re going to Swansea for a big les off”
    “Dai, your gays have arrived”
    Great movie
    And an amazing story.

moonsaballoon

Brilliant film , if you like pride make sure you watch Good Vibrations . Its a similar type of film about punk in Belfast

tinribz
    Free Member

Wife made me sit through, up there with billy elliot and full monty.

Ambrose

Moonsaballoon- thanks, I’ll look that up.

Question- are there similar films from other nations?

Ambrose

iolo- ‘Where are my lesbians?!’

iolo
    Free Member

“I want to see the rubber suits”

Ambrose

God I miss Disco…

iolo
    Free Member

This takes me back

northernerindevon

Literally just finished watching it whilst our lass is away (she recommended it) – its brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. And a properly true story it seems.

Prior to that was Dead Mans Shoes; very different but equally great. Dark. Loved it.

Next up is Sweet Sixteen….

A night of great British films it would appear.

And very good cider – direct from Olivers in Hereforshire. Very very good cider. Moving onto their Perry now. Good times

Alphabet

Which channel is all this on? Hopefully something with a catchup service as I’d like to watch it too.

spawnofyorkshire

I thought it was great, some really funny bits and a story i knew nothing about.

ransos
    Free Member

“I don’t like lesbians, because of the cuisine”.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member
    project
    Free Member

Ah the 80,s the time when Homosexuals where deemed a risk to children and they where not allowed to be spoken of in schools thanks to clause 28, when a pathetic woman tried to systematically destroy the working class solidarity of the unions built up over many decades, and failed, where disco was popular and queen ruled the airwaves.

How we loved the 80,s

maccyb
    Free Member

*STW faint brag*

Friend of mine helped make Pride – it was part of the output of (BAFTA-winning) BBC Films for which she is a development exec. I’ll send her the link to this thread, she’ll be chuffed.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Watched it in Sydney with a few ex pats who shed a tear :*)

CountZero

the working class solidarity of the unions built up over many decades,

Is that the same champions of working class solidarity who, when I needed their help when threatened with redundancy, shrugged their shoulders and told me there wasn’t much they could do to help, despite my paying one of the highest union subs in industry. And I was forced into joining, under closed-shop rules; if I hadnt, the company would have been black-listed, and would have shut down.
    I find it difficult to express my contempt in terms that wouldn’t get me banned.

project
    Free Member

when I needed their help when threatened with redundancy, shrugged their shoulders and told me there wasn’t much they could do to help, despite my paying one of the highest union subs in industry.

Redundancy choices are made by the employer not the union, and usually based on how much the employee is required to do a task for the employee.

unless they both wanted you out of the workforce.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Prior to that was Dead Mans Shoes; very different but equally great. Dark. Loved it.

I found that pretty deeply disturbing and not at all what I’d expected.

Ambrose

I woke up with a splitting headache after watching my new ‘most favorite film ever’. I’d like to be able to say that in all truth it was because I was dehydrated because I shed so many tears.

However , I am a ‘method’ audience member. Sitting here in South Wales, in front of a coal fire, I decided to enter into the spirit of things every time the scene shifted to the Miner’s Institute. Which seems to have happened quite a bit.

yunki
    Free Member

Just watched it on a flight back from Melbourne..

Due to the panic of a missed flight, oversleeping and racing across NZ in a clapped out motor to get to the airport I was pretty much wearing leopard print PJs and my girlfriends hoodie…

Quite a ‘flambouyant’ look as I softly giggled and wept all the way through the film 🙂

Definitely my current new favourite

Also watched Dallas Buyers club and The Theory Of Everything during the flight which didn’t improve the weepy emotional aura on display

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PRIDE’ is closed to new replies.