Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Prices for firewood.
  • Davesport

I’ve found someone who’s just felled a small woods worth of mature trees. They’ve got no direct outlet for the wood but will sell the stuff to get it moved offsite. I’d need to hire a truck to move the stuff & do all the graft. They’ve got Ash, Elm & Sycamore & want to know how much I’ll pay. I’m interested in the Ash & Sycamore. The vendor wants to know how much I’ll give him per metre cube. It would be uplifted as cut sections that can be manhandled.

What’s a good starting point for negotiations ?

D.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

As it looks like your doing all the work, I’d look at paying about twenty quid per m3. He wants it moved, you want the wood, no hassle for him, good deal for both.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I got this load in a similar deal. When split it was about 2.5-3 cubic m. I’m guessing a bit more than two tons. I pay £20 per load. Don’t underestimate your time in the equation. There’s a lot of graft in loading that amount of wood even if it is at the roadside and you still have to process it back at the ranch.

The big trailer load wasn’t completely used up before the smaller tipping trailer was filled. I think it holds about 2cubic metres

]

Davesport

OK thanks for the heads-up.

I’ll a tenner per metre cube uplifted & see what he says 😀

Many thanks, Dave.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Prices for firewood.’ is closed to new replies.