Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Price to bleed Reverb?
  • pc2017
    Free Member

Had to nip to my LBS for them to fit a Reverb for me, old dropper was out so it was just a matter of running the cables through and bleeding it as they said it had lost too much fluid when being installed, fair enough.

I have used them regularly over the years and recommended various people to go there which they know and have benefited from. The 20 min job I though would be £15 or so cash in hand type thing but it came to £30.

Dont get me wrong I know they have to make a living and if that what it costs then so be it but does that sound about right?

The amount of Reverb fluid used is minimal when bleeding as I have done it my self. I really just took it there as I wasn’t confident enough to remove the hose and do it my self.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I assume price is the whole fitting including detaching lever, routing and re-attaching, if not also shortening cable? £30 would sound spot on for that.

Also they may be breaking open a bleed kit to do it. Small amount of fluid, but it’s a cost.

That said, I’ve usually been able to do Reverb cable shortening without needing a bleed. Unscrew lever, hose cutter, re-attach. Just be careful not to drip anything and don’t press the lever. Fully expected to need to bleed, but was fine each time. Only one I’ve had issues with was on swapping a RH lever for a LH but I think the lever wasn’t compatible with the Reverb model I had. I tried bleeding it loads of times and could never get it right.

cash in hand type thing

Not through the books, they’ll do it cheap to avoid tax type of thing? Hmm 😉

geologist
    Free Member

I’d say it’s about right. It’s a 20 minute job to actually do the bleed, but they have to get the bike , rack it, get the tools together to do it, clean it up at the end, do the invoicing , etc etc. I guess it adds up to an hour ? I’d say 30 is bang on.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rorschach
    Free Member

it was just a matter of running the cables through and bleeding

I wasn’t confident enough to remove the hose and do it my self

The case for the prosecution rests m’lud.

rOcKeTdOg

Just Bleed £15
    Full Install & bleed £30

Our current prices + hose/connectors if needed

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

why not do it yourself? 5 min job. Plenty of videos its only one bleed screw

flaps
    Free Member

Prior to spending a bit on tools I would have happily paid £30 for an LBS to have installed a Stealth post for me, I could imagine the cabling being awkward feed through plus then shortening the cable and bleeding it. Now though i’d try it myself and then pay the LBS £50 to fix it for me 😆

hooli

Sounds about right to me.

Something to keep in mind is if it took 20 mins then this is because of their skill and experience. You are not just paying for the time it actually took but the experience, tools, overheads and the chance it doesn’t actually take 20 mins.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

30 quid=
    25 + VAT
    Stealth Reverb?
    Rack bike, check reverb over and check routing method for that frame + clean up anything needed.
    Remove lever and locate hose through frame.
    Refix lever
    Fit to bars and torque seat clamp
    Bleed Reverb and check all is working.
    Clean & dispose of any waste
    Invoice and store until collected.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Price to bleed Reverb?’ is closed to new replies.