Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Price per m2 for building in the South-East?
  • Tallpaul

Has anyone in the South-East/East Anglia (outside London) had a recent price per m2 for building a single storey extension?

I understand the old rule of thumb of £1000/m2 is out of date, but what have people recently been paying? Can you also state if the price is ex-VAT?

Cheers,

Paul

poolman
    Free Member

Sorry i cannot help specifically but having just refurbed a flat in that area costs soon add up way beyond initial estimates. I brought my own labour from spain so it wasnt the labour cost. You are protected though if you have owned for a few years as theres loads of equity in there.

If i was doing building work i would overinsulate everything, technology has moved on and theres really good materials available. I went a bit ott on the materials as i reckoned it was the same labour to fit good materials as poor ones. End result was excellent albeit 50% over estimated costs.

Good luck

footflaps

No one quotes per m2, they quote for the specification you give them….

andylaightscat
    Free Member

start at £1.5k/M sq for budget purposes.
    What floor area?

Tallpaul

15 m2, single storey, pitched roof.

mrsheen
    Free Member

NIA?

footflaps

My workshop (8x4m = 32 sqm) was quoted for at £45k for the shell. I built it for under half that in the end.

Tallpaul

NIA will be 13 m2 (ish).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Price per m2 for building in the South-East?’ is closed to new replies.