• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Price of Christmas panto…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…shocking is all I have to say.

our localish theatre want £56 for a family of four, is that reasonable ? I don’t know sounds like a lot to me and loads more if we were to go into central London (15 mins on the tube)

Tight dad syndrome ?

Drac

Sounds sensible to me a family trip out.

jekkyl

There are other family theatre shows that don’t involve such prices or all the panto bullshit. Have a look at the offerings at smaller local theatres. My local theatre is in the round and doing 101 Dalmatians, with real dogs, awesome.

cbike
    Free Member

Thats only 14 quid each and sound’s pretty good for London. Folk dis it but it’s most kids first theatre experience and an ancient theatre art. It should be compulsory!

We charge £13 in the East end of Glasgow although certain postcodes can get them for as little as £6 or £3. Our budget is tiny and profit is minimal.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Tight dad syndrome will book in the morning !

eskay

Think yourself lucky, if you go to the Bristol hippodrome you have to watch louis spence.

benji
    Free Member

I’d just put the expense behind you 😉

stevestunts
    Free Member

My daughter (approaching three years old) is taking part in the first dance at a show next Friday. She’s in the toddler section of a dance troupe. The entire routine will last less than 60 seconds. In fact, we’ll be lucky if she or any of her co-stars dance at all. It starts quite late, so we’ll be leaving after her dance in order to get her home to bed.

I went to buy the tickets today, expecting them to be four or five quid each at the most. There was a sharp intake of breath when tickets turned out to be a tenner apiece. And I’d said I’d treat the family. Ballbags.

Sandwich

…shocking is all I have to say.

Oh no it isn’t! (come on someone had to).

winston_dog
    Free Member

Your soul?

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t sound too bad.

I wouldn’t bother with London though, plenty of good ones at smaller theatres.

We saw Cinderella at Potters Bar last year, great show with real actors not micro-celebs and genuinely funny.

Shame we’ve moved away, need to find a northern equivalent this year.

br
    Free Member

If you think that £56 for four is shocking, where have you been for the last +10 years – or does your OH normally organise this stuff and doesn’t tell you the real price?

I’d hate for you to go to the cinema…

Drac

It’s around £24 each for Newcastle Theatre Royal Panto so nothing to do with London prices.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Price of Christmas panto…’ is closed to new replies.