Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Price of a pint
  • maddyutah

We’ll used to paying noggie prices when working over there varies£8-10 a pint .in all bar one in Edinburgh today t1 and 1/2 pints £7.65 after coming from the weather spoons across the road £2.55 for nice pint of IPA.am I missing something is all bar one something special?
    What’s the average for a pint in your local watering holes

jekkyl

Again in english please.

atlaz
    Free Member

from 4e to 5.5e

Pretty standard pricing in the city centre though; all 5.5 euros

maddyutah

Back on cheap pints so that’s the best Anglo Saxon speak I can do

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Now if you’d gone to the Cramond Inn you could have had a pint of dark mild for £1.50 and their other beers for not much more

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Make mine a pint of noggie.

stevied
    Free Member

Again in english please

in Edinburgh

There’s ya problem jekkyl 😉

About £3 for a fine mix of real ales in The Nag’s Head

ton

between £2.60 and £3.40 in the spots I frequent in leeds
    one place has sam smiths mild on at £1.60 it is ok as a last resort.

binners

In my experience All Bar Ones seem to be populated by complete and utter strokers. You can hardly blame the management for picking up on this,and fleecing them accordingly. A sort of bell end tax, if you like.

Cheap as chips for a pint, comparatively, in our neck of the woods. But Manchester City Cenrtre prices are now completely bonkers. A tenner for 2 pints of Perroni is pretty standard now apparently. And last week a new record: 2 pints of Poncey Asahi (its all they had) and 2 glasses of (house) wine. No change out of 30 quid!!! 😯

climbingkev
    Free Member

All real ales (normally a choice of 6) at £2.50. Occasionally there’s some extravagant one’s on for not much more. Guess where all my dog walks finish? 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

In my experience All Bar Ones seem to be populated by complete and utter strokers.

😆

£3.05 for a pint of Rev James in the local 😀

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@ bazookajoe Ahh the Crammond Inn – Good cheep beer, nice location, decent pub. It’s bordering on perfect!

Edit – Whiski bar/rooms on The Mound has Innis & Gunn for £7.80 per pint – yes SEVEN! I told the onwner he shoudl just have charged £8.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’ll pay £3.50 or more for something from Fullets … It’s gorgeous and is a local London brewery. I do pity those drinking the ‘premium largers’ Stella etc. They pay more for that.

Clobber
    Free Member

I’ll pay £3.50 or more for something from Fullets … It’s gorgeous and is a local London brewery. I do pity those drinking the ‘premium largers’ Stella etc. They pay more for that.

Never tried Fullets what do they make?

hora
    Free Member

The last time I went into a Allbarone was 2004. Even then I thought it was full of people who wear Burtons formal wear clothes and shop on credit cards.

chipster

At The King’s Arms, Heath, a pint of Ossett Brewery’s Yorkshire Blonde is £2.60.

maddyutah

Went to guilford bar near princess st £4 for a pint of Caesar Augustus. Acceptable.all bar one will not be back

aracer
    Free Member

£2.52 for the last pint I bought, because that’s all the change I had in my pocket and the landlady seemed keen on having that rather than having to give me change for a note if I’d paid full price.

chipster

Took this last year
    [/url]
    King’s Arms Beer by Chip & Manda, on Flickr[/img]

ton

same as my local in Rothwell that chip. the black bull. fantastic drop of ale .

the price board is similar too mate….good ale house them ossett pubs… 8)

skellnonch
    Free Member

Apint of large at the Flying Swan in Brentford is cheaper, so Neville tells me

jekkyl

old rosie is a winner there by far, more alcohol for your buck.

& what the hell is noggie?
    I hail fae fife but ne’er herd of that expression.

devash
    Free Member

The good ‘traditional’ ale pubs in the city center (Leeds) seem to be around £3.20 – 3.50 for a decent pint of cask ale at the moment.

Fancy hipster places like Brewbog and North Bar can be £5+ for the top end stuff.

Sam Smiths pubs do their own brand bitter for £1.80 which has an amazing taste to value rating.

maddyutah

Noggie-Norwegian

plus-one

No beer= more money for shiny bike kit 🙂

ton

beer, bikes and family

the 3 reasons for living………. 8)

PJM1974
    Free Member

I work in Lahndahn so I’m well used to paying north of £4.50 a pint, a fiver for something decent at The Harp or wherever.

Way back in 1990, I recall spending a then outrageous £1.29 for a pint of Tetleys at my local in Essex…daylight robbery I tell thee.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Is it wrong that I have not even the slightest clue how much a pint is round these parts? Do all my drinking at home because there is always far better scrumpy in than any drinking establishment locally.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m conflicted, here in Shiney Town you’ll get 2 pints of middling brown puddle in a glass for £6.00 a pint, which is total daylight robbery. I know I work in the land of Fleecethemall, but hey c’mon!
    Then if you walk not 15mins to a cracker of a Pub on the River overlooking the Dome you’ll get fine fine ale for £5.00 a pint, then if you cross the river and head to Greenwich a pint of Meantime will knock you back £3.40/3.60.
    Then if I go home to Hampshire I can get solid proper ale brewed by the creator of all things drikable in Dundridge for £3.20/3.50

Has to be said (I’ve done it on many occasions) I prefer drinking at home.

Cougar

Apint of large at the Flying Swan in Brentford is cheaper, so Neville tells me

It’s probably tradition, or an old charter, or something.

Kryton57

£1 a pint in the newsagent on the corner. What was the problem again?

Anna-B
    Free Member

Current favourite Citra from Hopback pub round the corner £2.90 a pint. And I can’t afford much of that very often! Makes me glad I a) like red wine and b) discovered Lidl Italian red at £3.70 a bottle

Del

until the advent of magners and all that other fizzy pish that jumped on the wagon a pint of cider used to be the cheapest pint in the pub. can’t believe how you’ve been brainwashed to think £3.70 for a pint of ‘old soiler’ is cheap 😯

hora
    Free Member

At the pub in Peaslake in Surrey Hills as I walked out of the front door I said ‘fukin ell £4.20 for a pint of ale’

Two locals sat outside laughed abit over that 😆

I wonder why the place went bust?!

mogrim

1€ for a 200ml caña, Spanish lager though so not all good.

donks
    Free Member

Pound pubs seem to be opening around the place so I read. Not convinced I’d like the ales on offer but the non discerning youngsters will be all over this.

About £3.20 a pint of something half decent in Milton Keynes these days

tomhoward

£5 a pint for peroni in the golden cock near Huddersfield.

2 meals for £10.99 though so overall ok if you go for a meal (food is actually really good)

£4 a can[/b] for asahi in the roxy ball room in Leeds smarts a bit though….

jambalaya
    Free Member

Guildford £4.50
    Central London £5.00 – £6.00

@hora the place went bust as its a rubbish hotel/pub combo and there are many better places. They have to charge that due to cost of rent/rates.

@tom Imcannot see the justification of £5 a pint in Huddersfield, they cannot blame the rent cost for that.

onehundredthidiot

Enjoying the country prices after Edinburgh. £1.70 for a reasonable Deuchars IPA. Thing this town is missing is a real ale pub with good food.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Price of a pint’ is closed to new replies.