Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Price of a boiler service?
  • twoniner
    Free Member

Anyone know the basic cost of a combi boiler service less any parts?

Ours is coming up to a year old, the bloke that fitted it doesn’t do servicing and others seem to be avoiding it when we ring. Just wondering if it’s worth paying the £9 a month for the British Gas cover or a one off service payment every year.

Cheers.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Last year was £120 including parts I think. Had a flashing fault light intermittently and needed some parts replacing though. Probably way more expensive if you live in a city though.

alanl
    Free Member

Basic service – £50.
    All it involves is a clean of the combustion chamber, check/adjustment of flue gases etc, easily done in an hour.

properbikeco
    Free Member

£20 for annual service on my baxi back boiler – they are simple to work on though

paulosoxo
    Free Member

£20 for annual service on my baxi back boiler – they are simple to work on though

That’s an hours work, easily, can’t see many people making a living off charging £20 quid to service a BBF.

fubar
    Free Member

£50 a time here (old boiler, no issues with it)

totalshell

who ever is doing your back boiler for 20 quid can have a half dozen a week if he/ she contacts me..

twoniner
    Free Member

Cheers all.

British Gas cover is £9 a month with a £99 exess if it needs work doing. If Im looking at £50ish for a service I will sack the B’Gas thing. Its only a year old, any parts required should be covered by warranty.

matt22
    Free Member

servicing is cheaper than you think, its £45 – 60 here in North Devon. I would get the BG thing though as a circuit board is nearly £200 the parts for a boiler our outragous and they can go at anytime.

marsdenman
    Free Member

just paid £50 for a service on a combi.

nealglover
    Free Member

£20 for annual service on my baxi back boiler

That’s worryingly cheap 😐

Have you seen and checked his Gas Safe card !?

allthepies
    Free Member

I pay £80 and tend to have the service every two years.

jonnyrockymountain

Marsdenman
    Who did your boiler service for £50?
    I’m Marsden guy so who you used would be nice

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Price of a boiler service?’ is closed to new replies.